Custom Addon Development | Xenforo 2.x | Xenforo 1.x | Custom Styling | Migration Services (9+ Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of posts have been made that seem to disregard Brogan's post above. Opportunities have been given to have your say.

If you have issues with a specific resource, it's best to post them in the resource thread.

After recommendation I contacted Fahad. Fahad made a custom addon for us.
He has perfectly implemented all the wishes of us. Even more he recognized possible later problems and discussed them with us.
He really implemented our order very quickly as well. Monday order placed today on Friday addon delivered.

Thank you Fahad anytime again. :)

After recommendation I contacted Fahad. Fahad made a custom addon for us.
He has perfectly implemented all the wishes of us. Even more he recognized possible later problems and discussed them with us.
He really implemented our order very quickly as well. Monday order placed today on Friday addon delivered.

Thank you Fahad anytime again. :)
Thanks

@fahad ashraf created for me a very special add-on to prevent opening the images of photo thumbnails. So "newbies" on my forum can see thumbnails but only thumbnails, they can't see full size photos. He figured out what I wanted very quickly after making an announcement on the forum, contacted me very quickly and couldn't wait to get down to business for me. He has improved his fitness in the last few days as a result of what I told him. When "beginners" click on a photo thumbnail, a clearly visible message appears on the screen in a rectangular frame (I can modify the text to my liking). The blocking device works very well and I am really very satisfied with the job done. :) I can choose the forums where to activate the add-on.
The add-on was delivered to me at the beginning of this month as planned, the work was quick. The conversation with Fahad is pleasant, he is listening and he is going to make extra improvements to me as I asked him, which I am completely delighted with. We can really trust him, he is serious and I recommend Fahad 100% too. Great work! So I stay in touch with him for improvements and for future add-ons. Thank you very much Fahad! (y)

Last edited:
After a clash with @fahad ashraf due to an additional module, it is so much for me to tell you about his service now as a customer:

Listening to the customer and done with care in view of the tests carried out, I am very satisfied with his services. Quick, it was a real pleasure to do business.

Like what, I have had a behavior that may be exaggerated in the past, I gave it a chance and I think I did well because I am not disappointed!

Thank you @fahad ashraf . :)

Fahad completed what our team thought would be a fairly complicated add-on in a very reasonable amount of time, not to mention all of the quick fixes he did for us during our testing period. His professionalism and willingness to discuss any issues or problems we encountered was very much appreciated. Fantastic work and we are very pleased with the result!

Quite a neat job performed by @fahad ashraf. He assisted me throughout my concerns and developed exactly what I requested from him. Overall his attention and service were amazing, I did not require any modifications to be made to the addon. Very well done.

I hired @fahad ashraf to help me with a website I inherited that was totally bloated with unnecessary files that were causing hosting problems and site crashes. I am still new to web administrating and I had no idea what I needed to keep and what could be safely deleted. He was able to easily go in and remove a TON of unneeded files, which kept my hosting package price low and made my site more functional.

He worked quickly and kept in touch very well.

I will definitely be coming back to him in the future!

I hired @fahad ashraf to help me with a website I inherited that was totally bloated with unnecessary files that were causing hosting problems and site crashes. I am still new to web administrating and I had no idea what I needed to keep and what could be safely deleted. He was able to easily go in and remove a TON of unneeded files, which kept my hosting package price low and made my site more functional.

He worked quickly and kept in touch very well.

I will definitely be coming back to him in the future!
Lucky you. I haven't had the same positive experiences with him lately. I'm pretty frustrated with him right now and probably shouldn't post feedback while being frustrated, but at this point, I'm just tired of the way he's been handling our projects.

When he needs work I'll get bombarded with PMs asking for more projects, sometimes several PMs in one day. Every time I post a request in the forum asking about a potential project he PMs me wanting to take it on. But when the projects commence and fixes/improvements are required, weeks go by with no communication. I have to reach out to him constantly asking for updates, and even then sometimes all I'll get is a generic reply with no information on the progress. It seems like some of the projects he's working on for us will never get completed.

For instance, I sent him a list of updates needed for a larger project back on Sep 27th, letting him know I can make some of the changes if needed, I just need a little guidance - no response to that request going on 4 weeks now, with several follow ups from me since then asking for an update. How long does it take to send an update with answers to questions? And that's after a month of waiting for him to actually get to the testing.

He almost never does what he says he's going to do when he says he'll do it. "I'll send it after the weekend" - another week goes by with nothing. "I'll test it next week" - another week goes by and I have to reach out again. When I follow up again "I'll get to it this week I promise". Nope. It ended up being the following week. He let me know he had Lasik surgery a couple weeks back, which is understandable, but that doesn't entirely explain the poor experience we've been having the past few months.

He's also sitting on another smaller add-on that is supposedly complete that I've asked him to send over several times in the last few weeks. Still hasn't sent it yet.

I don't know that we'll rely on him for another large/complex project. Smaller ones seem to be safer for him to handle, but the larger project we've had him working on since March has taken way too long to complete and from what I've seen in testing it will probably take a few more months to get it to the point where it's ready to go live. We hoped to have it launched by summer. And when it does launch, I'm nervous about the quality of the code on such a large project. Not to say he doesn't code well, but the testing has created some cause for concerns.

Maybe this honest feedback will be taken to heart and we'll get things completed faster and with a good result. Maybe it will create anger and resentment. Maybe we'll end up losing our investment. I don't know. I just felt that it should be shared so others will be aware of what could happen.

Last edited:
Lucky you. I haven't had the same positive experiences with him lately. I'm pretty frustrated with him right now and probably shouldn't post feedback while being frustrated, but at this point, I'm just tired of the way he's been handling our projects.

When he needs work I'll get bombarded with PMs asking for more projects, sometimes several PMs in one day. Every time I post a request in the forum asking about a potential project he PMs me wanting to take it on. But when the projects commence and fixes/improvements are required, weeks go by with no communication. I have to reach out to him constantly asking for updates, and even then sometimes all I'll get is a generic reply with no information on the progress. It seems like some of the projects he's working on for us will never get completed.

For instance, I sent him a list of updates needed for a larger project back on Sep 27th, letting him know I can make some of the changes if needed, I just need a little guidance - no response to that update going on 4 weeks now, with several follow ups from me since then asking for an update. And that's after a month of waiting for him to get to the testing.

He almost never does what he says he's going to do when he says he'll do it. "I'll send it after the weekend" - another week goes by with nothing. "I'll test it next week" - another week goes by and I have to reach out again. When I follow up again "I'll get to it this week I promise". Nope. It ended up being the following week. He let me know he had Lasik surgery a couple weeks back, which is understandable, but that doesn't entirely explain the poor experience we've been having the past few months.

He's also sitting on another smaller add-on that is supposedly complete that I've asked him to send over several times in the last few weeks. Still hasn't sent it yet.

I don't know that we'll rely on him for another large/complex project. Smaller ones seem to be safer for him to handle, but the larger project we've had him working on since March has taken way too long to complete and from what I've seen in testing it will probably take a few more months to get it to the point where it's ready to go live. We hoped to have it launched by summer. And when it does launch, I'm nervous about the quality of the code on such a large project. Not to say he doesn't code well, but the testing has created some cause for concerns.

Maybe this honest feedback will be taken to heart and we'll get things completed faster and with a good result. Maybe it will create anger and resentment. Maybe we'll end up losing our investment. I don't know. I just felt that it should be shared so others will be aware of what could happen.
Brother don't worry you are safe i can easily handle large projects too .

For instance, I sent him a list of updates needed for a larger project back on Sep 27th, letting him know I can make some of the changes if needed, I just need a little guidance - no response to that request going on 4 weeks now, with several follow ups from me since then asking for an update. How long does it take to send an update with answers to questions? And that's after a month of waiting for him to actually get to the testing.

Report him to xf team.

You may also want to get his code independently checked by another dev. We did that and it was found he does not follow xf standards.

BTW he had "surgeries", and "life threatening" diseases with me as well...when he tried to explain multi weeks without any communication (whilst he was working on other addons for other clients), before pleading to give him "one last chance". After multiple last chances we just cut our losses with him and moved on.

Buyer beware. Newbies will think he is good as they don't have much experience w xenforo, expectations or knowledge regarding the calibre of certain other devs when compared to him. Experienced admins can do a proper search on review of his work and realistically should know better. This site is littered with complaints with majority of his glowing reviews coming from "new members". He is best avoided.

Last edited:

Maybe this honest feedback will be taken to heart, and we'll get things completed faster and with a good result. Maybe it will create anger and resentment. Maybe we'll end up losing our investment. I don't know. I just felt that it should be shared so others will be aware of what could happen.
You are hoping that by believing in him, ,he will eventually give you what you want. That's a big question mark. High chance that he is preying on you and won't give you anything that matters.

He can't code; he is probably only interested in the deposit you pay and then dragged you out while taking jobs from others.

You are better off cutting loss and reporting him.

Last edited:
Report him to xf team.

You may also want to get his code independently checked by another dev. We did that and it was found he does not follow xf standards.

BTW he had surgeries, and "life threatening" diseases with me as well...when he tried to explain multi weeks without any communication (whilst he was working on other addons for other clients). Before pleading to give him "one last chance". After multiple last chances we just cut our losses with him.

Buyer beware. Newbies will think he is good as they don't have much experience w xenforo, expectations or knowledge regarding the calibre of certain other devs when compared to him. Experienced admins can do a proper search on review of his work and realistically should know better. This site is littered with complaints with majority of his glowing reviews coming from "new members". He is best avoided.
Agreed. Let your custom code get checked by a known developer.

He coded an add-on for me (for a lot of money) and boy was I unpleasantly surprised when I had the code reviewed...
Not to XF standards and worse, several serious security issues.
Oh, and he wanted even more money (and a lot of it!) when I asked him to update the code because the add-on was extremely slow🤐

Funny thing is...I had the code reviewed before and he just downplayed the comments, I was wrong basically.

After a second review I was sure. The XF crew too...

I have been very disappointed by my previous experience working with this developer. Does not do what he says he will do, and then asks for more work before fixing what he has already delivered.

Fahad has just finished another custom work for my forum and I'm very happy with the result. There are still some minor bugs to iron out, but I'm sure Fahad will take care of those as usual. He is definitely my first choice when I need any custom work done for my Xenforo forum.

I allow myself to rewrite an review in addition to the one of the month of August:

Despite various developer's problems and also due to a change which required a rewrite of certain files of the addon that concerned me, i am quite proud of the result offered by @fahad ashraf .

In addition to the quality, this developer is listening! Unfortunately i can't speak for speed due to these issues but i think he's a person who is generally pretty quick on design!

Anyway i thank @fahad ashraf once again and that will be the person for my future addon ideas again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom