Resource icon

[CTA] Countdown Timer 1.7.5_00_EQnoble

No permission to download
I've installed on 1.2.3 and it works but it appear a little messed up like in the attach and in the last position in the sidebar. Can anyone tell me how to fix the display and put it in one of the first positions in the sidebar?

clip.webp

thanks

I have just installed this and its making parts of my forum go over to the right so i have had to disable for now until there is a fix...

If you want to enable it really quick I can take a look and see if I can figure out why that is.
Thats great thanks, just enabled it.
Just take a look at the list of topics showing at the top where it says:
  1. A Rant I Was Requested To Post On Here.
Its over to the right instead of inline. As soon as i disable your addon it goes fine again :s
www.wirraltalk.co.uk

The countdown appear at the very end of my sidebar. There's a way to make it appear in a specific position where I'd like it?

I thought I'd post to let folk know about some issues I had with using this add-on with Widget Framework.

I followed the instructions as detailed here on using it with Widget Framework. All was working fine. Then after a recent countdown, I disabled the countdown widget to hide the expired countdown but left the Countdown Timer add-on enabled. I didn't think this would be a problem. However, it was. I discovered that Chris Deeming's Notifications add-on was no longer displaying notifications on the forums page (but it displayed everywhere else). On investigation, I discovered that the CountDown Timer add-on was throwing up these errors:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined jquery-1.10.2.js:3784
x.extend.acceptData jquery-1.10.2.js:3784
R jquery-1.10.2.js:3569
x.extend.data jquery-1.10.2.js:3765
$.fn.setCountDown (index):1718
$.fn.countDown (index):1671
(anonymous function) (index):1860
c jquery-1.10.2.js:3048
p.fireWith jquery-1.10.2.js:3160
x.extend.ready jquery-1.10.2.js:433
q jquery-1.10.2.js:104

Disabling the Countdown Timer add-on stopped these errors and the Notifications add-on worked as expected.

After further investigation, I identified the problem. In the instructions for using Countdown Timer with Widget Framework it says:

Edit Template: cta_countdown_timer
Change this code \/
Code:
<xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" />

To read \/
Code:
<!--<xen:include template="cta_countdown_sidebar" />-->

It is this template edit that was causing the problem.

Reverting the template rectified things and there were no more errors. However, the Countdown Timer was then displayed below the widget list at all times. This is the 'official' one rather than the widget framework one that was turned off. The solution to this was simple - in Countdown Timer options, simply untick Enable Sidebar Block and save.

So basically for anyone who wants to use this add-on with Widget Framework, follow the instructions as detailed here but do not edit the cta_countdown_timer and instead untick Enable Sidebar Block.

@EQnoble - if I missed this elsewhere in the thread or updates, then apologies. If I didn't, would it be possible for you to update those instructions?

Last edited:
There comes an error during the update -
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer' not found - library/CTA/CDtimer/WidgetRenderer/Renderer.php:4
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://afbe-clan.at/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["resource_url"] => string(0) ""
    ["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

It's not supposed to require it no, but I need to finish what I am working on and go to sleep at the moment.

I will take a look at it in the morning and see what I can do with this to allow for the option to allow WFw and and the same time still work when it is not present, I see the problem but am just too tired to be able to understand if my plan to fix this is sound.

Top Bottom