Resource icon

[CTA] Countdown Timer 1.7.5_00_EQnoble

No permission to download
Should add that upon first installing this......

Set a date and activate it (saving the settings). Then its safe to keep or disable.

Not setting (saving) a date at least once after installing.... seems to give 2 errors

Should add that upon first installing this......

Set a date and activate it (saving the settings). Then its safe to keep or disable.

Not setting (saving) a date at least once after installing.... seems to give 2 errors

Thanks for that Adam, never realized it threw an error there.

I will setup a clean install and try and figure out what exactly is doing that and more importantly how I can make it avoid the error once I have eaten something/get sidetracked and forget to eat something.

I'm trying to install this Add-on and for some reason it says it is already installed. This is using Add-on Installer from Chris Deeming. So I instead manually uploaded the files via FTP to my forum root and when I try to install the XML I get a "Please enter a valid callback method." error.

I should also mention that I have Widget Framework by xfrocks.

EQnoble updated [CTA] Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Fixed a few things

First the zip archive was missing the library folder so if you uploaded it as per the instructions you will receive errors.

If you did that please go to your forum root and delete the 'CTA' directory which should have been in the library folder.

At this point uninstall the addon, grab the update follow the instructions.

------

You must now check an on/off box in the options and save in order to activate the timer. This prevents the errors that Adam pointed out show up when installing and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Days shows up as 002 instead of 02, is there a fix for this?

This appears when you don't show the weeks. Because there is 365 days in a year so that's 3 digits. When you show weeks then it'll reduce to 2 digits.

Also my "DAYS" text is left aligned and the clock itself is right aligned. Is there a way to make it all centered?

Untitled.webp

Thanks Isabel! Any info on how I can move it below the " staff online now " instead of above it?

Last edited:
edit the Listener.php file

Find:
PHP:
case 'page_container_sidebar':
Replace with:
PHP:
case 'cta_custom_hook':

Then place this wherever you want the timer to appear:
HTML:
<xen:hook name="cta_custom_hook" />

In your case to put it under the staff online and above members online:
Edit template: sidebar_online_users :

Find:
HTML:
</xen:if>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->
Add the hook so it looks like this:
HTML:
</xen:if>
<!-- end block: sidebar_online_staff -->

<xen:hook name="cta_custom_hook" />

<!-- block: sidebar_online_users -->

some other hooks that can be used for different locations in the sidebar:

ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel
ad_sidebar_top
ad_sidebar_bottom​

Last edited:
This appears when you don't show the weeks. Because there is 365 days in a year so that's 3 digits. When you show weeks then it'll reduce to 2 digits.

Also my "DAYS" text is left aligned and the clock itself is right aligned. Is there a way to make it all centered?

View attachment 49607

Yes there is always a way...I am playing with a couple of different options right now...pending what happens you will either need to do nothing and an upcoming update will fix it, or I will give you directions to follow...again pending what happens for this next update.

[quote="xIsabel38, post: 568365, member: 24325"Also my "DAYS" text is left aligned and the clock itself is right aligned. Is there a way to make it all centered?
View attachment 49607[/quote]
This is still a valid issue, small admittedly, but my eagle eyes cannot veer away from this!

Also I found another issue.

I setup the clock to countdown to a specific day and time. That worked perfectly and it went all the way to that time and displayed 0 time remaining. Okay, good. Now, what happens though if that time approaches and there are delays?

So the clock is at 0 now because the hour came but delays forced another few hours so I readjusted the clock with the new time but the timer stood on 0. I disabled it too, but the timer stood on 0. I did not uninstall/reinstall.

[quote="xIsabel38, post: 568365, member: 24325"Also my "DAYS" text is left aligned and the clock itself is right aligned. Is there a way to make it all centered?
View attachment 49607
This is still a valid issue, small admittedly, but my eagle eyes cannot veer away from this!

Also I found another issue.

I setup the clock to countdown to a specific day and time. That worked perfectly and it went all the way to that time and displayed 0 time remaining. Okay, good. Now, what happens though if that time approaches and there are delays?

So the clock is at 0 now because the hour came but delays forced another few hours so I readjusted the clock with the new time but the timer stood on 0. I disabled it too, but the timer stood on 0. I did not uninstall/reinstall.

Would you mind me logging in to your acp and see what is going on for myself?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, while trying to install an Add-on from another developer, my server crashed and I had to do a fresh install... twice. Though I can try to re-create the issue real quick.

Ouch...yeah don't worry about it, take your time, if it comes up again I will check it out when you let me know.

Hey guys,

I searched the thread, but it hasn't been brought up. I guess it's such a stupid question, but here we go: Could this somehow easily be used on the frontpage in XenPorta?

Thanks,
Thee

Well I have a plan...I just for the next week or so don't have much time...I need to do things to catch up on a good chunk of my bills first or I won't be able to be here at all.

The plan will involve taking a step back, rewriting this and forking the addon two ways. That's all I really want to say for now.

I have this add-on installed and working on a XF 1.2.2 installation with no problems. I just installed it on a XF 1.2.3 installation and can't get the count down timer to show up. The 1.2.2 installation is using version 1.4.5 of this add-on and the XF 1.2.3 is using version 1.5.1.14 of this add-on. Any ideas? The only other add-ons I have installed on the XF 1.2.3 installation is MailChimp and [bd] Widget Framework. I compared the options setup and the only difference is the newer version has the activate box checked.

Top Bottom