Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
On the "filtered" Tab:

Server Error
strtoupper() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strtoupper() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 875
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->quote() in SV/ConvEss/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php at line 2371
  4. SV_ConvEss_XenForo_Model_Conversation->markConversationAsRead() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 333
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in SV/AlertImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 7
  6. SV_AlertImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 565
  7. SV_ConvEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 194
  8. SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView() in SV/UserEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/ConversationWrap.php at line 14
  9. SV_UserEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_ConversationWrap->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/index.php at line 13

I've also released 1.13.0rc3, this has a pile of changes to recipients display. Moving to using a new template conversation_recipients_convess (rather than stock conversation_recipients).

There is functionality to view deleted conversations (which haven't been hard deleted yet), but it doesn't have a UI hooked up. Eventually, it will allow re-entered a permanently left conversation.

The recipients functionality works fine, and the deleted conversation list works. It is just you can't do anything yet with the deleted conversation list that is useful.

It is just I keep having other breakfix work come up, so haven't yet finished.

Last edited:
I've also released 1.13.0rc3, this has a pile of changes to recipients display.
what are they? i can't seem to see much difference. the conversation page in ui.x is a bit of a mess at the moment. not sure if thats the changes or something conflicting in the theme:

Conversations | DressedWell 2018-02-14 05-32-15.webp

the conversation participant list looks exactly the same, save the styling issues:

participants.webp

are there options that need to be changed to achieve the desired results?

what are they? i can't seem to see much difference. the conversation page in ui.x is a bit of a mess at the moment. not sure if thats the changes or something conflicting in the theme:

View attachment 168848

the conversation participant list looks exactly the same, save the styling issues:

View attachment 168849

are there options that need to be changed to achieve the desired results?
Click on the little "slashed-eye" icon, it will hide kicked participants;
1518605325645.webp

It should have the same css as from conversation_recipients, but conversation_recipients_convess isn't the same template so changes by template modifications or in-place edits will not work.

@Xon
Recommendation, for SV_ConvEss_Deferred_MigrateAlertOptouts:
The default batch size of 100 is waay way way too tiny for large forums.
It would take forever to complete on my forum of ~400k members.
Size should be in the thousands - I'm slowly ramping it up during my migrate, even 5000 only takes a second or two to complete.

E: Same with SV_ConvEss_Deferred_DeleteOldSearch

E2: Recommend allowing bypass of DeleteOldSearch in favour of mass dropping and rebuilding the entire index

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
@md_5 I've adjusted the defaults for the next version but most people aren't going to encounter an issue.

I'll be honest, when I ran this on my large forum (Spacebattles) I kicked it off and went to work for the day. It the time, it had a ~300k spam accounts stuck in a pending state in addition to ~70k actual accounts (I've long since cleaned out those spam accounts)

@md_5 I've adjusted the defaults for the next version but most people aren't going to encounter an issue.

I'll be honest, when I ran this on my large forum (Spacebattles) I kicked it off and went to work for the day. It the time, it had a ~300k spam accounts stuck in a pending state in addition to ~70k actual accounts (I've long since cleaned out those spam accounts)
Yeah, I didn't want to run concurrent upgrades though or allow access when it was rebuilding because wasn't certain how that would turn out.

In the end I let MigrateAlertOptouts run through with a higher count, and just stubbed out DeleteOldSearch and rebuilt the index later.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon an odd issue that's just begun happening. Not 100% sure it's from Conversation Essentials, but it's the only add-on related to conversations that is currently installed.

Currently getting this error on every search request:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method SV_ConvEss_XenForo_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() - library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php:106

Unfortunately the stack trace isn't very useful:

Code:
Stack Trace #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

I do know that getConversationsByIds doesn't exist by default in XenForo so it's definitely something from an add-on, just trying to narrow down which one currently so was wondering if this is a method you use somewhere? Also worth noting I have searching conversations disabled

Edit: Apparently this method is created by DigitalPoint search but it's disabled. The search handler was still being loaded it seems, never mind!

@Xon, for Participant groups feature I miss a global function instead of the actual "each user has first to create his own participant groups" approach. Could you please add a function that a user is able to create a new conversation by URL with multiple usergroups as receipent by usergroup id or usergroup name?

I have the case that a user want to send an application to 2 usergroups to get manual access to specific area. with actual xenforo core url (/conversations/add?to=Kerby) I have to change URL everytime members of usergroups changes. with this new feature I wouldn't have to think about and change URL everytime :)

in example:
/conversations/add?group=3,5,1
or
/conversations/add?group=vip,global moderator,admin

probably url has to be different from "user control panel participant groups" to avoid complications, in example "add?globalgroup" instead of "add?group":
/conversations/add?globalgroup=vip,global moderator,admin

@Xon, for Participant groups feature I miss a global function instead of the actual "each user has first to create his own participant groups" approach. Could you please add a function that a user is able to create a new conversation by URL with multiple usergroups as receipent by usergroup id or usergroup name?

I am looking for this solution as well :)
Any chance of development in this way ?

I plan to uninstall this add-on before upgrading to XF2. I hope there will be no loss of data in the XF conversation tables when I uninstall this and upgrade to XF2?

Assuming you are on the latest version; There should be no data-loss for core XF conversation tables, but uninstalling this add-on will absolutely result in data-loss if you ever intend to use this add-on in XF2. Uninstalling Conversation Improvements (which manages conversation likes) will result in Conversation Likes being lost rather than converted to XF2.

If you are using ancient unsupported versions of this add-on, Conversation Likes will be lost. And it will likely leave junk behind.

If you ever plan to use this add-on in XF2, leave the thing installed. Upgrade to XF2, and once this add-on has it's XF2 version released then upgrade it.

If you require migration or any other in-depth assistance with this add-on, I will require a valid licence registered on my site https://atelieraphelion.com

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

1.13.0 - Feature update

• Rework extending conversation_recipients, new functionality is now provided by the template conversation_recipients_convess
  • Add per-device persistent option to hide recipients who have left a conversation
    • Uses awesome font icons, but phrased so you can use others.
  • Allow saving without selecting any export nodes, an add config checks to the 'can copy Conversation to Thread' feature.
  • Permission based ability to rejoin deleted conversations which have yet to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When updating from 1.12.8 to 1.13.0 I get an error message.
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column '_like_users' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in SV/ConvEss/Deferred/MigrateLikes.php at line 82
SV_ConvEss_Deferred_MigrateLikes->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 369
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 152
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /x/x/x/x/x/admin.php at line 13
Can I solve the problem?

Top Bottom