Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Well as you asked on the day I registered on your site but possibly I am being blond but I don't seem to find anything about this at all. Checked the licence option and it all shows 0

Well as you asked on the day I registered on your site but possibly I am being blond but I don't seem to find anything about this at all. Checked the licence option and it all shows 0

Sorry, I've explained the process a ton of times without copying and pasting so it's possible bits of information are spread out and therefore you may not have seen everything.

Currently you don't technically have a license (in my system). To get updates, you have to buy a license, I've applied everyone discounts that had a license through Syndol in an attempt to be fair but you still have to buy a license (since you had your license for < 3 months, you get an 80% discount on your new license). I'd like to remind you as I have everyone, that if you do not want to pay a new fee, I understand this is a tough situation. You do not have to, I will continue to support the people with old licenses but they will not get new features. If bugs arise, I will patch them but there will be no new features.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the confusion.

It seems reasonable to me so don't sweat about it, can we work out a payment plan for me to pay the difference , possibly over 48 month ROTFL

Saw that the latest update fixes a compatability issue with Waindigo's Conversation Search addon.
Don't know if it makes any difference, but I also have Waindigo's Conversation Access addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversations-access-by-waindigo.2357/
Getting this error when I try to search:

ErrorException: Declaration of ConvEss_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds() should be compatible with Waindigo_ConvSearch_Extend_XenForo_Model_Conversation::getConversationsByIds(array $conversationIds) - library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php:2740
Generated By: Stuart Wright, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2048, 'Declaration of ...', '/home/sites/avf...', 2740, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): XenForo_Autoloader::autoload()
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1007): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('ConvEss_Model_C...')
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(521): XenForo_Application::autoload('ConvEss_Model_C...')
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(189): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('XenForo_Model_C...', 'model')
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Waindigo/ConvSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php(180): XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_C...')
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Waindigo/ConvSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php(106): Waindigo_ConvSearch_Search_DataHandler_Conversation->_getConversationModel()
#7 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Tapatalk/Model/Search.php(18): Waindigo_ConvSearch_Search_DataHandler_Conversation->getDataForResults(Array, Array, Array)
#8 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Search.php(314): Tapatalk_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResultData(Array, Array, false, NULL)
#9 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(82): XenForo_Model_Search->getViewableSearchResults(Array, NULL)
#10 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(235): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral('stuart wright', Array, 'relevance')
#11 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(30): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#12 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch()
#13 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "http://www.avforums.com/search/search"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/search/search"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["keywords"] => string(13) "stuart wright"
["title_only"] => string(1) "1"
["users"] => string(0) ""
["date"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Have disabled Waindigo's Conversation Search and the problem goes away.

By the way, with the ability to search conversations, do we have a usergroup permission to do so
No, everyone can. Would you want it permission based?

Conversations tab in the advanced search form
No. When you're viewing your conversations or a specific conversation you'll see checkboxes to search just conversations and to search just the conversation you're currently in though.

I request a "Search Conversations" tab in advanced search form too like other addon from waindigo has. The reason is the more options i have to search: "started by this member only", "minimum number of replies". as third and most important reason, its also more "logical structured" for the user interface, if an user can find all search methodes on the page with all advanced searches, cause "dummies" probably doesn't explore this "search conversations" feature in quicksearch and easely miss it.

scr1-png.44710

Bug Report
When i do a search query in frontend, then watching search results, i can see on the right side a textbutton "Search Again". when i click on it, it shows me a "empty" page only with forum title instead of normally advanced search. so with my request of an andvanced search, this would be easely fixed :D

Last edited:
..with the ability to search conversations, do we have a usergroup permission to do so and a Conversations tab in the advanced search form?

No, everyone can. Would you want it permission based?
I will just mention for clarity - search results for this search are determined by what conversations one is permitted to view. For all but the "privileged few" that is your own conversations only. But for those of us with the permission to read others' conversations, we get them all. Which is precisely as it should be.

What's the plan with the Conversation Search element, Daniel? Do you intend to add the functionality needed to replace Waindigo's Conversation Search addon?

I plan to add the advanced search tab like the screenshot above. I also plan to include the ability to search conversations by prefix. I will look at what else it offers. The other add on's functionality that is used to view peoples conversations won't be included in the immediate future but it may down the road.

They're in usd on my site before check out. The paypal transaction takes place in usd. The only difference is the visible price here. I'll switch it this evening. I just didn't think it'd be that big of a deal.

Daniel, I was not sent the update. I just sent an email to David. If you guys get a chance can you please send it over.

Thanks

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US

Hello Scott,

I'm guessing you've missed some of the updates as far as the recent changes. Recently David retired and left me in control of his add ons. In order to get updates, I changed the method of distributing updates from emailing them out to downloading from my site: http://xenmods.com. I've also introduced a renewal system in which a yearly renewal is required instead of lifetime.

If you don't want to pay the renewal fee that is fine, I am continuing to provide support and will release patches if bugs arise but you won't get new features. For existing customers I am offering discounts based on how long they had the license. If you purchased your add on more than a year ago, to buy a new one is 50% off. Less than a year ago is 60% off, less than 6 months ago is 70% off, and less than 3 months ago is 80% off.

If you have more than one product you will get 20% off the cart value at checkout by entering the coupon code "20OFF" (I have to make sure you're elgible).

Once you register on XenMods, I'll run a script that puts you in all the correct user groups for your discounts.

Hi Daniel,

Yes I purchased Thread Ban and Conversation Essentials from him. I just registered and posted over at your forum. :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom