Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.4

What's new:
  • Fixed a compatibility issue with the Post Ratings add-on (when installed and active). Since Post Ratings overwrites the default message likes, this upgrade will ensure that your conversation message likes will actually display.
  • Cleaned out some code to prevent a rare error that could occur when viewing, for the first time, an old conversation that was created with ConvEss version 1.0.8 or older (ie before the introduction of the "Last read date" feature).
  • Full...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FYI
Please note that I will be away until the 25th of October.
I shall respond to any questions or reported issues upon my return.
Thank you.

Clicking on the buy now button gives me an error that says you don't accept private discussions. Not sure if that has something to do with your vacation.;) Just thought I'd let you know, as I am interested in this add-on.

Scott

Clicking on the buy now button gives me an error that says you don't accept private discussions. Not sure if that has something to do with your vacation.;) Just thought I'd let you know, as I am interested in this add-on.

Scott

Probably because of the away time, it was working fine when I talked to him via PC a short time ago. Funny thing is, his Conversation Essentials has "Away Messages" which is super useful when people are away for periods of time.

Hi @Syndol ,

When I disable all the add-ons through the config.php and try to delete a user through the ACP, I get this:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Conversation::batchUpdateLikeUser() in /home/admin/public_html/library/ConvEss/LikeHandler/Message.php on line 86

I have the latest version, and followed your instructions to upgrade it correctly.

Disabling the listeners alone does not disable the add-on itself but I'll change my code so the above does not happen.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.5

What's new:
  • Adjusted the code to prevent an error when updating a user while the config listeners are disabled.
  • Also adjusted some files to ensure better compatibility in the event that the core product also introduces conversation message likes.
Upgrade Instructions:
  • Please see the ReadMe file included in the zip folder.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please consider to add a 'merge conversations' function.
When a website migrates from other software to xf, all conversation messages are imported as separate conversations. It would be very useful if users/usergroups could merge their conversations.

This is a great add-on! At first I thought the "Like" in PCs was kind of useless since it doesn't count toward the like total, and nobody outside of the PC knows about it, but...

It's always fun to get a like, and more important, it's a great way to respond to a message without having to say anything, which surprisingly is really useful.

This is a great Add-On!

One thing which came to my mind is that the Administrator could set some global prefixes, that both participants see in the conversation.

For example: urgent | question | help needed

Would it be possible (I guess anything with software is *possible* lol) to add a feature where admins can allow certain users to have image privilieges for conversation on a per-member basis as oppossed to a whole group? I'm going to buy this addon anyway but I really need that feature badly.

I'm afraid that is beyond the scope of this add-on. Why don't you simply place those users in a different usergroup?

Nice add-on.
It would be great to have the possibility to migrate a conversation into a thread in the forum (if everybody who was part of the conversation will give their permit to do so).

Last edited:
Can a conversation from an admin override the user's inbox quota if it is full? e.g. I want to contact a member but they have reached their inbox limit.

Hi :)

It might be hidden in those 22 pages , but does your addon cover the following use-case ?
The users should only be allowed to send Pers. Messages after they posted x forum messages except for admin / mod users to whom users are allowed to send messages regardless of any post limitation (e.g. for error / debugging etc. usage ? )

Hi @Florian sorry but there is no post count restriction in this add-on.
You could set the inbox limit via user groups and upgrade them to the desired group after x posts.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, actually the idea was to prevent people from spamming via PM and still allowing them to communicate with Mods and Admins.
Just thinking about how to accomplish that with the add-on .. Sounds like this involves creating xenforo groups just for the PM stuff and keeping users in 2 groups (if that is possible at all .. never tried) ?

Greets

Top Bottom