Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I find this is not a problem at all. With a low number of conversations allowed, even if the quota is full, messages from mods and admins still get through. If the member wants to contact admin, they can us the contact form.

Thanks for the reply, actually the idea was to prevent people from spamming via PM and still allowing them to communicate with Mods and Admins.
Currently users cannot override the inbox limit in order to contact Admins and Mods. Only the other way around.
I find this is not a problem at all. With a low number of conversations allowed, even if the quota is full, messages from mods and admins still get through. If the member wants to contact admin, they can us the contact form.
Good point.

Hi

Yeah, my experience indicates that for our users this does not work, they want to use PM not the contact form (why ever), this I why we used to have this feature in some obsolete add-on and I am looking for a way to keep the experience the same for the user without having user to use PM for spam / socially awkward messages.

Greets

Hi @Syndol

I'm wondering how can I translate the phrases:
"Already a participant in this conversation"
and
"Sorry, I am currently unavailable"

I've tried to search these phrases, but couldn't find any. Are they hardcoded?

Thanks.

Hi @Moshe1010 nothing should be hard coded.
The phrases you are looking for are:

convess_currently_unavailable
convess_already_participant

That's weird. It's translated, but when I get a PC, it's not. I'll try to revert it and see what happens.

I'm really liking this add on, but have a couple of request features I would like to see:

• Be able to specify a different attachment size for PCs
  • Be able to download PCs as a text file (you can do this with vBulletin PMs)
  • Limit the length (number of messages) in a conversation

Last edited:
Will this add-on allow us to set up groups that are available for all users by default?
We need all users to have the option to message our staff as a whole instead of typing them individually or making the group themselves.

Nice looking add on. I read the features list but still have 2 questions:

1. Is there a search function where I search for conversation between me and only one other member and all our conversations will appear in a list?
  2. Does this add on give ability to see member conversations? I ask because I do not want that feature.

Thanks.

@Syndol I want Admin to be able to select which user groups has access to the features - I don't want all my UGs to be able to use it. Is this a selectable feature for admins?

Last edited:
Those options can be set per user group. So you can set one group to have auto response for example while another can be set to not have this feature at all.

@Syndol Okay we're getting there - so you are saying then that I can set any user group so that they do not have *any* features at all, and wouldn't even have a clue those features exist as long as I set them that way? Just trying to be sure before I get it so I know it will do what I need. Thanks for you patience . . . .

Well, even though someone does not have the ability to 'like' a conversation, if someone else does, then they will see the like on the conversation post.
If you do not give permission to use prefixes, participant groups, or auto response, then they will not see that anywhere and will not know they exist.
Setting a conversation as a Sticky is an on/off option only, as is the Last Read Date (see the options page image).

Okay, I hope this doesn't seem to be asking too many questions, but I'm not doing a very good job asking them. Let me try again. What I want to know is this:

Will I, as admin, have the ability to decide which groups get to use the features provided by this plugin globally? I'm not asking if I can "turn off or on" certain features I know that. What I am asking is, will I be able to prevent certain UGs from even knowing the add on has even been installed period?

I would just go ahead and buy it and see but if I cannot prevent certain UGs from using the add on, on a wholesale level, it woill not work for me.

I guess the answer is this add-on is not for you.
Depending on what options you set, people will probably know the add-on is installed (unless they do not know what the default looks like).

Top Bottom