Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Not a bug but I noticed the 'User group promotions' can be set with a ratio of 2 decimal places (eg. 0.75). Content actions are restricted to 1 decimal place.

Is it possible to increase the content actions to 2 decimal places?

Thanks I will create one soon, to be honest I didn't edit anything from your mod, I only edit a line on Question thread mod (style) and it worked for me, but anyway I will want to know your way. :)
What did you change since I obviously don't want to make a change which renders that pointless.

Not a bug but I noticed the 'User group promotions' can be set with a ratio of 2 decimal places (eg. 0.75). Content actions are restricted to 1 decimal place.

Is it possible to increase the content actions to 2 decimal places?
Fixed for the next version. In the admin template sv_rating_content_action_macros change step="0.1" to step="0.01" if you want to edit your install (might need debug mode)

Hi
It is a pity that the positive and negative ratings are not added up, but counted separately. Positive rating should be "+", and negative "-" and they should be summed up. So more interesting:
1.webp
Than so:
2.webp
And now it's just a beautiful replacement button like on other pictures and splitting them.
Thank.

This wasn't part of the initial design, as it is an end-user defined aspect of what is "positive" and "negative" rating.

We found that users pretty much hate "negative" ratings and it causes lots of drama.

We have things like "disagree", 'wtf", "doh", etc as neutral ratings. Our negative ratings are only "dislike" and "spam" and spam is more for moderating purposes.

How to limit the number of available ratings to avoid rating markups, for example no more than 20 ratings per day for a user / group of users?
And how to prevent deleting / changing the rating or at least hide this button?

How to limit the number of available ratings to avoid rating markups, for example no more than 20 ratings per day for a user / group of users?
And how to prevent deleting / changing the rating or at least hide this button?
This isn't possible at the moment, but it is a planned feature (a delete rating permission, and some rate limiting)

When editing a rating in ACP. If I un-check following Alerts option, when I go back in to edit the rating, that option is checked again. Would something be overriding it?

alerts.webp

When editing a rating in ACP. If I un-check following Alerts option, when I go back in to edit the rating, that option is checked again. Would something be overriding it?

View attachment 173183
oops, it isn't actually reading the value of that option when you submit so it never can be changed form being enabled.

I can't decide if something strange is going on here or not with the stats

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 22.39.49.webp

We upgraded to XF2 and install this addon (importing from Luke's addon) on 31st March.

We're seeing FAR more post ratings in the stats with this addon than we used to see (3000 vs 300 for example). There's no way that's real and it has to be a misreporting of the stats somehow.

I don't know if that's a misreporting in the old addon or a bug in this one? Anyone else able to share a similar graph to see if they're finding the same?

I'll do a review, the the code building the rating stats is fairly simple. Might need to break out stats into individual ratings at some stage.

Even when it was set to treat a rating (in our case Like) as a Like?
Yup. Luke's Post Rating add-on simply doesn't track Likes.

Plus that implies 90%+ of our ratings are Likes which isn’t the case.
The XF Like stat is actually renamed to 'XXX ratings', since it captures all content ratings positive/negative/etc.

I might be getting mixed up here so I'll put some fake numbers in to explain my point.

Luke's addon said we had 300 ratings. This excludes Likes.

Your stats say we have 3000 ratings. This includes Likes.

Assuming that nothing changed in our users behaviour, it suggests that 2700 of the 3000 ratings were Likes (because that's the difference between Lukes addon which didn't count them and yours that did).

There's no way that Likes contribute 90% of our positive ratings.

That make sense?

@RobParker let me work on some SQL queries to migrate XF1 Post Rating stats to Content Ratings, or support for showing it historically. As I suspect them now showing up is an issue.

I might be getting mixed up here so I'll put some fake numbers in to explain my point.
The historical "Post ratings" you are see are just Likes. The XF1 Post Ratings aren't visible, so the comparison isn't really correct.

Top Bottom