Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I never look at the FAQ section of addons — I didn't think to check that. (And I have a lot of addons!)
Enter an a table name in the "importer log table name" field, this is required.
The instructions are a bit unclear. The importer only allows you to import one rating at a time. This is fine, I don't have a whole lot, but it leaves me with a few questions.

The first question is what should I name the table? I assume it doesn't matter, but then the second time around I import the next rating, do I use the same table name or a new table name? Does the import actually import all ratings (I have no categories) or only the one I select? (Yes, i could work this out by proceeding, but I'm concerned about the table name)

like.webp

Can you expand on what this highlighted text means? Should I leave it blank? I have a rating I setup called "Like" but I don't think it was associated with the original forum Like... can't recall. If I select Like, would that be fine, even though it was a custom rating I setup?

And thanks for your help!

Last edited:
The instructions are a bit unclear. The importer only allows you to import one rating at a time. This is fine, I don't have a whole lot, but it leaves me with a few questions.

The first question is what should I name the table? I assume it doesn't matter, but then the second time around I import the next rating, do I use the same table name or a new table name? Does the import actually import all ratings (I have no categories) or only the one I select? (Yes, i could work this out by proceeding, but I'm concerned about the table name)
The importer converts all the rating types, any categories, rating values, and counts for user profiles. The table name is used for tracking to ensure everything is migrated properly, after the migration is done it can be removed.

View attachment 174370

Can you expand on what this highlighted text means? Should I leave it blank? I have a rating I setup called "Like" but I don't think it was associated with the original forum Like... can't recall. If I select Like, would that be fine, even though it was a custom rating I setup?
You need to select a rating type to be a wrapper for the XenForo Like. It will replace the initial "like" rating type created by this add-on.

This should be whatever rating you want to keep if you uninstall this add-on.

@Xon, after running the importer, what I had to do was manually change the image URL for every rating, otherwise from what I can tell, it's setup the same. So this is what I meant earlier when I thought there would be an automatic installer and there was.

Anyway, thanks for the help. It's been about six hours since I began the upgrade process (1.5-2) and I have all the key addons I wanted installed finally, this one being the most important. Now I just have to find a nice looking style as I have tried... nothing I find is appropriate to replace what we had. Thanks for all your help again!

Reactions: Xon
Yes. However; if you import from XF1 you will need to disable any non-positive reactions but it is fairly simple todo. You can delete rating types and rating type categories. It just takes some time for the cleanup tasks to run.

Yes. However; if you import from XF1 you will need to disable any non-positive reactions but it is fairly simple todo. You can delete rating types and rating type categories. It just takes some time for the cleanup tasks to run.

Sounds like a plan. Your add on seems to be the only real one that can replace likes. My plan is to have only positive reactions with the layout left aligned and the like bar to the far right so that members can distinguish between a like and a reaction. My favorite feature you have. I plan to call it "karma".

I should be purchasing soon. Thanks.

Yes; https://xf2.nixfifty.com/members/xon.10/
These is a global option for setting which rating to use as the XF Like. These counts are pushed into the XF Like fields so the standard Like notable members stuff still works.

I think im going to buy today. This is the very last thing I wanted to ask but I wanted to ask if you meant the counts of "all" the ratings are pushed into the like field. So notable members will show all ratings at once as likes. Or did you mean the rating set as the xf like would be pushed into the like field only? Either way I'm going to buy it just wondering.

Will give it a shot as well. Seems way soild than [TH]Reaction. @Xon is there a possibility to set my own svg icons? I would like to try my own. Anyway I want to demo this before buying it. Thanks a bunch mate!

@Xon just purchased like I said I was going to. Going to set it up tonight. I'll let you know if I have any questions thanks. But yeah this add-on seems way more solid than [th] reactions.

Reactions: Xon
EDIT: One feature I think needs to be added is the ability to have ratings show on the visitor panel. With it showing likes, it's kind of difficult to explain. @Xon

Also I'll be looking forward to that notable member widget however your add on is just what I need for now.

Last edited:
EDIT: One feature I think needs to be added is the ability to have ratings show on the visitor panel. With it showing likes, it's kind of difficult to explain. @Xon
It does at the ratings show on the visitor card;
1525249035102.webp

I guess you would be using a theme which adds the current user + mini summary to the page like in XF1?

It does at the ratings show on the visitor card;
View attachment 174511

I guess you would be using a theme which adds the current user + mini summary to the page like in XF1?

Yes I am using that widget yes. But interestingly enough I tried the way like in your screenshot and clicked on my username and it still only showed likes. Is there a setting I need to enable to get the ratings to display in either place?

Also to add to this I just checked on the default style and it displayed ratings properly in the way you showed in your screenshot and in the actual visitor panel widget. I'm hoping you have some way to help with this since UI.X is a very popular theme. I'm currently using Xenith

Regards,

Brad

Okay I have made a ticket. I will await your response. I really appreciate your help. Whatever fix you provide can also be provided to others who use the same UI.X theme so they can also fix it.

- Brad

@Xon EDIT: Xon fixed everything via ticket. Thanks Xon!

Does anyone have any icon packs they'd be willing to let me use on my board? Would be really helpful if you did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom