XF 1.0 Cleaning-Up Spam

The proliferation of human-backed CAPTCHA breakers and all manner of other means to break through anti-robot protection on forums means that spam prevention systems must now be joined with spam clean-up utilities.

With this in mind, XenForo introduces the Spam Cleaner - a one-stop shop for quickly and easily dealing with spam that has made it onto your forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Lovin' it 100%
I do think it should be added to the private messaging system as well (and I honestly doubt anyone reporting a PM as spam-post would want to restore it later on, so I don't think a soft-delete would be needed for those)
btw, if there is a way too apply to be an alpha/beta tester for xenforo, let me know, I'd be delighted to be of help

Now you can see the banned status (struck-out username) and the spam cleaner start control from the IP check.

Spam clean and banned indicator from ip check.webp

Few ideas:
- "View Postings" under the names of other users who were using the same ip would be useful. In the video I noticed you had to click several times to find any messages/posts of the spammer before you were able to take action. Maybe even a direct "Spam" link there would be helpful too but may lead to quick rash decisions.
- When banning the spammer, being able to leave him/her/it a message would be useful (when he/she tries to access the forums again).
- An admin ban note that can only be seen by mods would be useful in some cases (ie for displaying evidence etc).

View Postings" under the names of other users who were using the same ip would be useful. In the video I noticed you had to click several times to find any messages/posts of the spammer before you were able to take action. Maybe even a direct "Spam" link there would be helpful too but may lead to quick rash decisions.
Clicking on the username opens their postings, and a spam link is now available (see above)
When banning the spammer, being able to leave him/her/it a message would be useful (when he/she tries to access the forums again).
That's what the email is for, but I can see a use for a message displayed on the web too.
An admin ban note that can only be seen by mods would be useful in some cases (ie for displaying evidence etc).
Could you post this and the ban note idea as suggestions in the suggestion forum so we don't lose them please?

Clicking on the username opens their postings, and a spam link is now available (see above)
That's what the email is for, but I can see a use for a message displayed on the web too.
Could you post this and the ban note idea as suggestions in the suggestion forum so we don't lose them please?
Thats great thanks.

I have already made a thread in the suggestions forum so you don't lose ideas here :):
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ng-suggestions.2355/

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, the fact the Spam feature seems to work leaps and bounds beyond what is currently out there, or the novelty of fighting against the SpAmMER family :D.

Oh That Feature is Killer, Why didnt ya give us things like that when you were with VB? lol,
The more I play around on here the more I'm really Loving this Software.

Top Bottom