XF 1.0 Cleaning-Up Spam

The proliferation of human-backed CAPTCHA breakers and all manner of other means to break through anti-robot protection on forums means that spam prevention systems must now be joined with spam clean-up utilities.

With this in mind, XenForo introduces the Spam Cleaner - a one-stop shop for quickly and easily dealing with spam that has made it onto your forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

Agreed. I'd also like to see a way to search for and then delete a group of users (e.g. ones who put links in their Hometown, etc.).

I am not only excited by yet another great feature, but I am also impressed by the quality of Kier presentations, teh way you describe things and the clear voice (with no uhmm's, soooo's, aaand's..).

Simply outstanding.

Looks nice - but im happy with the way IPB works in relation to even letting spammers create accounts. Useful for big boards targeted by human spammers i guess.

Here's how IPS Spam Service works

Step 1

When a user registers at your community, your board calls out to the IPS Spam Monitor. The service uses advanced algorithms to determine the likelihood of the user being a spammer, and assigns them a value between 0 and 4.

Step 2

Your IP.Board takes an appropriate action, based on parameters you as the administrator specify. You could choose to automatically ban a user rated 4, or allow a user rated 2 to register but require post approval, for example.

Step 3

The IPS Spam Monitor service keeps track of spammer accounts, fed from thousands of IP.Board communities, allowing it to better analyse future registration requests. The system learns over time how to more effectively spot spammers.

Once again you are showing of a great feature :) but like mentioned earlier it would be great if you don't have to go to a spammers post all the time to get this spam management for that user.

Hi Kier

You only show us the soft cleaner but is there a way for a hard cleaner too? Most of the spammer were real spammer and all of them should be banned completely and their post should be hardly deleted.
Even the lowest level moderators would need to be able to remove spam. They may not all be up to speed on the latest forum happenings. Admin/owner may have given someone permission to someone to post a certain thing.

If a low level mod hard deleted that content as spam, it would not be able to he restored, right?

?

Hi Kier

You only show us the soft cleaner but is there a way for a hard cleaner too? Most of the spammer were real spammer and all of them should be banned completely and their post should be hardly deleted.
During the video I think there was an option for hard-delete, or soft-delete.

Image included.

Attachments

• Spam.webp
    Spam.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 126
Yes, your right, but is there a level for a complete delete without restore?
I am used to having 2 options and they seem to work quite well
  • soft delete that hides/collapses everything from public view
  • hard delete which permanently removes, and cannot be reversed.
I am not sure there is are any other choices that make sense?

edit: I think some of the posts may be diverging, it was an incredibly great video touching on multiple screens & details.

A small suggestion:
Often users quote messages of spammers (spammer: "buy watch x", normal user replies with "don't spam our forum"). It would be nice if I not only could removed the posts of the spammer but also the posts of other users who quoted him...

Top Bottom