Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
It seems that the chat re-enables if you change any settings from the chat page. This will be fixed in the next release.

It seems that the chat re-enables if you change any settings from the chat page. This will be fixed in the next release.
They're not visiting the chat page though. They disable it and then do not visit it at all. Then upon closing the tab and returning later, the chat is re-enabled on forumhome.

The chat settings are saved in the database so closing tab/browser doesn't affect them. There is a cron job that deletes sessions that are inactive for more than 30 days so that's the only thing that could do that. I should probably remove that in the next release.

I have a recurring bug that clears users character color and settings. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing it. I can't personally replicate it, and it's very scarce when it happens.

Also, I'm assuming purging the archive also purges those posts from the top chatters? Every so often my users notice a couple of thousand posts being removed. I'm not sure if this was intended.

I will look into it.

The top chatters list can only be reset manually.
There is an option called "Delete messages older than x days" that automatically deletes old messages. Set it to 0 to disable it.

@Siropu :|
Okay someone trolled the chat with a ton of /////////////////
The chat will not load, breaks the browser, the chat won't load on the full page: https://i.gyazo.com/8ebc501338dae26780f42a722cdb826e.png
And clicking on the overlay won't trigger the full size. =/

Caused the server error:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php on line 20 and defined - library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php:103
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 12:08 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/html/l...', 103, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(20): XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages(NULL, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Parser))
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderHtml()
#3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(601): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#5 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://ilovebacons.com/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If you can type into chat, type /prune
There is an admin chat option called "Maximum Massage Length" that should be set to a value grater than 0. I think I should set this to 1000 by default.

If you can type into chat, type /prune
There is an admin chat option called "Maximum Massage Length" that should be set to a value grater than 0. I think I should set this to 1000 by default.
Got able to load it on Firefox, Chrome tab goes unresponsive and pruned. Also did input one limit for it now.

Glad to hear that. I've set the option to 10000 by default, the same as XenForo message length. I've done a test posting 25 messages of 10000 characters each and there were no problems.

I'm struggling with typing lag, delayed refreshes and overall server load. After an hour or so, the server will ultimately crash. I have 40-50 people in chat, with a new post every few seconds. I've seen this talked about earlier in the thread, but don't see any specific fix. I'm on a fairly robust shared VPS, so I don't think server speed is the issue.

Any ideas?

I'm struggling with typing lag, delayed refreshes and overall server load. After an hour or so, the server will ultimately crash. I have 40-50 people in chat, with a new post every few seconds. I've seen this talked about earlier in the thread, but don't see any specific fix. I'm on a fairly robust shared VPS, so I don't think server speed is the issue.

Any ideas?

What's your settings for:

All refresh rates
Refresh chatters list
Update session

Has anyone tested a large number of rooms active at once? Let's say in the situation where we have a chat room for each member of a small forum (100-200 rooms). I'm curious if there could possibly be a way to filter through the rooms, or maybe a direct link that can take a user to that room? Unless I am missing something here. Maybe a way to search rooms?

If I'm not mistaken, the rooms are shown alphabetically, and I don't know if the rooms with higher attendance are bumped to the top of the list or not. Haven't done too much testing myself, but I am curious of the answer, if anyone knows.

@Wild Onion, are you using the options "Refresh chatters list every x seconds" and "Update session every x seconds"? Set them to 30 seconds.
@Viserys, when you are on the rooms list, if you type /room name, it will filter the rooms based on that name.

If XF doesn't have a BBCode for thread prefixes (I don't think it has), there is no clean way of doing that.

Top Bottom