Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Can you tell me what options to enter into in the setup to add a separate tab for a separate chat room and place it at the end of the navbar?

Thanks...

This chat gets my seal of approval. I've uninstalled Taigachat from my forums.

http://8wayrun.com/chat/

Same here- Taigachat is gone on our forum. Our users missed the bot we used to have using MCG. Had to sweat blood to get a response from Taigachat creator to request to add a bot there, then refused to add a bot (which Siropu has), and wise comments from peanut gallery when I asked for it.

Can you tell me what options to enter into in the setup to add a separate tab for a separate chat room and place it at the end of the navbar?
In the current version this is not possible but I can add the option in the next release. For public rooms only.

In the current version this is not possible but I can add the option in the next release. For public rooms only.

Thank you- that would be great. I saw the setting in the admin chat settings, so figured I'd ask.

While I have you, the bot responds rather slowly when it sees the keywords. Any way to speed that up a bit?
My users get a real kick out of saying things to the bot- go figure. LOL

Same here- Taigachat is gone on our forum. Our users missed the bot we used to have using MCG. Had to sweat blood to get a response from Taigachat creator to request to add a bot there, then refused to add a bot (which Siropu has), and wise comments from peanut gallery when I asked for it.
There is things taigachat still beats over this addon:
  • As a more "live" chat, where you really see things going on if a chat is more busy and not several posts from sudden every 5 seconds (default value)
  • Taigachat somehow keeps better track of the People in Chat (navbar counter live updated), and the people in chat sidebar for example, on this addon, if you are on the page but not talking for a certain amount of time, you just disappear from the online list, something maybe @Siropu is aware or not / plans to improve.
Side of that the addon is very much featured, only downside for me is the inability to disable the floating mode on mobile that causes some annoyance, i'm thinking into disable it as a whole and just place the chat embed on homepage/chat.

Also Siropu, this server error happens every day related to chat/refresh, what's up?
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php on line 20 and defined - library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php:103
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:42 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/var/www/html/l...', 103, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(20): XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages(NULL, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Parser))
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderHtml()
#3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(601): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#5 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://-.com/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@mauzao9, by default, chatters are displayed in the list for 30 minutes after their last activity. There is an option called "Hide users after x minutes of inactivity" which you can set to how many minutes you want. The list updates with each chat refresh, unless you use the option "Refresh chatters list every x seconds".

You are using the "All Pages" mode and you don't want to see the chat bar on mobile?
As for the error, the only way I could reproduce it in an older version was by direct access on the refresh page and that has been fixed. It's weird that you get this error now. How many times a day o you get it?

You are using the "All Pages" mode and you don't want to see the chat bar on mobile?
Yeah i like on normal desktop browser view, but over-crowds some mobiles. I think i will put it fixed on homepage and then gets better, only thing that seems more complex is the sound alerts that if i could suggest tweak the sound alert to things like "Whisper/Tag" would be pretty amazing, no big deal anyway.

How many times a day o you get it?
Far i just checked again it's last version, seems around once a day. Don't know anything further details about it.

How do I add this chat room to one of my own pages?

I tried putting the following code in my template, but it doesnt do anything:
Code:
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=0'}"></xen:callback>

@Jaxel, set the display mode to "Embed". If it still doesn't work, use the Template Modifications System to include the code.
@Betclever, try this:
Code:
#siropuChat iframe {
        max-width: 70%;
        height: auto;
    }

@Siropu i have been getting some reports from my users complaining that other users can see their whispers to others.

I'm confused because the permissions are right, and when i tested i can't reproduce it. But people insist there is specific users that found some flaw and are capable to read everyone's whispers. Trying to figure that out, would on the first place be possible to exploit that functionality?

Make sure that "View whispers" and "Read Whisper" are not set for everyone. These are optional for moderators/admins and this feature was later added by request. In the next version these perms will have "(Optional for Admins/Moderators) " in front.

Is there any way we can have a stricter limit on bot responses for this purpose:

Screenshot_15-31-36.png

It's annoying that the bot(s) can easily be spammed based upon keywords.

Is there any way we can have a stricter limit on bot responses for this purpose:
You can try changing the "keyword" value from just "banned" to something more explicit like "have been banned" or something similar that a person would be asking as opposed to just the word "banned" appearing anywhere.

Top Bottom