Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hello there, i have a question as you can place the chat on several locations.

Is there Widget Framework Support?

There isn't. You can use the embed mode and Template Modifications System to place the chat in other positions.
How would that work?

Also on your demo, i had created my Room, came back later to the page, my room is gone and i can't create a new one, bug?

Okay i bought the addon and currently struggling with tweaks, one of them:
- I Disabled Quotes, however i keep seeing the "quote" icon next to the text messages? How to fully disable it?
- Many things like, tags, me, etc... Notifications in chat posted by chat bot... Do ignore the username styling, how to make it display the username CSS everywhere?

Last edited:
Okay noticed a minor thing, when the user is on another room, and rejoins the chat, it appears on the main channel that user has joined room, but he didn't, he joined his own room. Intended?

If you only unchecked "Quote" from the list, that only removes the quote button from the editor. You need to add "quote" in the "Disallowed BBCodes" option to disable it.

If you want the usernames to be displayed the same as in the chatters list, enable the option "Add "@" for user tagging".
As for the wrong join notification, it's a bug and will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah i used a slash per line on the disallowed ones by mistake. ;)

About the usernames, that did not work out, things as the Bot Notifications, users has joined/left room, and even the /me command, ignore the username styling.

Styling does not apply in those situations.
Would be nice if it did, is a bit breaking as we make heavy use of that to distinguish all types of members. :)
On another thing, seems users that can create chatrooms is a permanent thing? I wish there could be one inactivity term (of no users chatting on room) of hours that would delete the channel by itself. But i'm not sure what you have planned for this, if do you have plans. :)

I also have another question, i do have the all pages on, however i do not want it to appear on mobile, is it possible to disable it on mobile and only enable to full page? It's just overkill having that on all pages on mobile.

Thanks again :)

Is this running on any active big boards? What happens when you unleash dozens or even hundreds of concurrent chatters on it? Will the server catch fire or will it handle it fine?

Taking about 420 messages from 13 users every 30 minutes right now, plugin is handling it like a champ.

Taking about 420 messages from 13 users every 30 minutes right now, plugin is handling it like a champ.
Well, i just installed recently but i have 30 concurrent users. Seems to be pretty cool, expect the 5/5 second reload time, TaigaChat here has something they did different where you don't notice the calls are being made every X seconds :P

Well, i just installed recently but i have 30 concurrent users. Seems to be pretty cool, expect the 5/5 second reload time, TaigaChat here has something they did different where you don't notice the calls are being made every X seconds :p

I use 3 seconds for active and visible, nobody notices.

@mauzao9, rooms are permanent. I might implement that feature in the next release. As for the "All pages" mode on mobile, you can only hide it with CSS, not disable it.

Try this (add in EXTRA.css):
Code:
@media (max-width: 480px) {
    #siropuChatBar {
        display: none;
    }
}
Yeah hides it, but indeed loads it because i hear the new beep sound on mobile on every page. If you may consider for future updates an option disable it would be very nice. (not sure how that is done on XF however, taigachat was easier to disable has you only need to setup a bd widget to not load on mobiles).

A number of members who have disabled the chat are reporting that when they close the forum tab and then reopen it later, the tab has returned. Is there any way to ensure that if someone disables it, unless they manually change that setting, the chat remembers and doesn't re-enable itself upon their next visit? Or is this a bug? :)

Top Bottom