Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hi, Siropu,

It's possible to add an option to allow rich username on the chat for all usernames? By default, the rich username is not enabled on all parts of your chat and I think it could be cool to have the color for each group for those who would like to have a visual and easier to differentiate the staff, etc.

On XenForo, all usernames are linked to the user's profile when clicked, so it would be cool to add this on your chat:

Screenshot_1.webp

You have added this possibility only if the avatar next to the username is enabled, but what if it's not enabled?

Last edited:
@Dylan V, the usernames in message list are used for tagging. The usernames in chatters list are linked to their profile. In the latest version I have added a new option called "Add "@" for user tagging" and that will make usernames in message list the way you want them.

Changing between rooms shows this for a few seconds (each time you change),

1.png

@Rambro, go to Style Properties > Chat > and disable the Font Awesome options.
Worked great. Any way to change the bold button from the letter B to the full word? I'm trying to make larger buttons for mobile since some of my members have older phones and were having problems with the tiny icon buttons.

Chat is busted with latest version:

Template Errors: siropu_chat
  1. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 789
  2. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 797
  3. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 805
  4. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 813
  5. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 821
  6. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 829
  7. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 837
  8. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 845
  9. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 853
  10. in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,siropu_chat.php, line 861
Hold on, might have fixed it with uploading the XML from the library folder, and not the one in the root?
Yeah it looks like the XML in the root is busted.

Last edited:
@Solidus, I can't reproduce that and I've tested it with Chrome, Firefox and IE. What browser are you using?
@Rambro, you have to change it from siropu_chat_editor template.

Find:
Code:
<span style="font-weight: bold;">B</span>
Replace with:
Code:
<span style="font-weight: bold;">{xen:phrase bold}</span>

@silence, the xml from the root is a copy of the one from the "library" and it should be the same.

There isn't. I will see if I can make a change in the next release to add a "@" before the username for tagging when chatters list is disabled.

I just realized what I want done with usernames has been done with the Chat Bot. When it says; Chat Bot: Tyler has deleted all the messages. I can click "Tyler" and my members card will pop up. I want this done globally with all usernames in the shoutbox, rather than using tagging. See the short screen recording below..

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

@Siropu

Can you give me the class I need to modify to change the color of the text like "rules" "help" and even for the font awesome icons please?
I know how to change the color of the primary bar and for some words but it doesn't apply on other words even when I add !important

Thanks.

So if I leave font awesome off I can't increase the size of the edit buttons on mobile?
You can. Add this in EXTRA.css
Code:
.siropuChatEdit span, .siropuChatDelete span, .siropuChatQuote span, .siropuChatReport span { width: 16px !important; height: 16px !important; background-size: 16px 16px !important;}

@TDUBS, enable the new admin chat option "Add "@" for user tagging". If you don't want to see "@" in front for tagging, add this in EXTA.css
Code:
.siropuChatTagAlt {display: none;}

@Betclever, #siropuChatHelp {}, #siropuChatHelp .fa {}, #siropuChatRules {}, #siropuChatRules .fa {}
You can also change the color of font awesome icons using style properties.

You can. Add this in EXTRA.css
Code:
.siropuChatEdit span, .siropuChatDelete span, .siropuChatQuote span, .siropuChatReport span { width: 16px !important; height: 16px !important; background-size: 16px 16px !important;}
That worked great. Could this also work for the submit, bold, image, spoiler, and smilies buttons? When the phone is in portrait mode (vertical) the text is pretty small.

For buttons size use this code:
Code:
@media (max-width: 480px) {
    #siropuChatEditor .button {
        font-size: 16px !important;
        padding: 0 5px !important;
    }
}

Top Bottom