Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
The option is at "Displayed notifications" > User has joined the room, User has left the room
You can see on my chat demo that this is working.

I've always had these settings on, since a few versions back it has not worked. I've even done a fresh install, no luck.

At first, thanks for the fast bugfix.

I've always had these settings on

I think, i have these settings also on.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-20 um 23.39.43.webp
Kicking totaly won´t work, i don´t know why.
Bannig is shown in chat.
Unbanning also.
Joining comes nothing. leaving also.
Registration was not tested.

@Siropu - I just bought this addon to use rather than Taigachat. It's a nice and clean chat box but I am wondering if it's possible to add/change the following..

1. Can rooms be set by permissions? I'd like to do private rooms where my paid subscribers can only join it.
2. I have the quote feature disabled. Is it possible for it to remove the quote button next to the edit and delete button? People try using it but it just shows QUOTE DISABLED.
3. How can I set usernames within the chat box as links so you can click a username and it'll open the user info?

Thanks.

Kicking totaly won´t work, i don´t know why.
Do you see any errors in the admin logs or in the browser console?

@Solidus, the join/left notifications are displayed when changing rooms.

@TDUBS,

1. You can do that by setting User Group permissions when you create the room.
2. I will make a change in the next release so that if you have disallowed the quote bbcode, it will not show in the message action list.
3. That only works with usernames in chatters list. The username in message list is used for tagging.

3. That only works with usernames in chatters list. The username in message list is used for tagging.

Thanks for the response. Is there a way I can modify this for myself to have it that way? I don't want to use the chatter list, but I want the usernames to be linked.

There isn't. I will see if I can make a change in the next release to add a "@" before the username for tagging when chatters list is disabled.

There isn't. I will see if I can make a change in the next release to add a "@" before the username for tagging when chatters list is disabled.

Thanks. One quick suggestion for the next release. I think it'd be easier to modify the chat box notice at the top directly from the page where the chat box is located rather than having to go into the AdminCP every time to do so. This function could be handled by usergroup permissions as well. Maybe have an Edit link or simply double click the box and edit it that way.

Kicking works now with the update. Also the server error is gone.

But, there is another thing.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-21 um 10.23.55.webp

After banning, the banned person sees this message. It says, banned for and when the ban ends. But there is no time and date for the end. And the message i gave for the ban, is also missing.

Is used a temporarily ban, not the never ending one. For kick there is the correct message.

@DivokyMuz, I've managed to reproduce this bug. It's on the chat page when you ban a user from the whole chat and you have the option "Banned users can view chat" unchecked. Will be fixed today.

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Version 1.17.7 comes with the following improvements:
  1. Edit notices directly from the chat front-end.
  2. Set to add "@" in front of usernames in message list for user tagging. You can use this option if you have disabled the chatters list and want the usernames to be linked to their profile.
Bug fixes:
  1. Missing ban data from chat page ban message when option "Banned users can view chat" is disabled.
  2. If quote bbcode is disallowed in the chat, the quote action...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu

I still have a delay on the index page "forum list" when I refresh the page or connect to the forum.
What do you suggest cause I upgraded a lot of times but same issue?

I'm actually on the version 1.17.6

evening, how do i hide the mini avatar in chat, text looks crowded

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).webp
    Screenshot (24).webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 14
@Brad P That's from the add-on that appends mini avatar to tagged usernames. I'm not sure how to completely prevent it from adding mini avatar on chat, but it's possible to hide it with CSS.
Code:
#siropuChat .inTextMiniMe { display: none }

@Brad P That's from the add-on that appends mini avatar to tagged usernames. I'm not sure how to completely prevent it from adding mini avatar on chat, but it's possible to hide it with CSS.
Code:
#siropuChat .inTextMiniMe { display: none }
that did the trick, thank you mate

@DivokyMuz, only when changing room but I think I will add this notification also when you access the chat from the chat page.
@Betclever, if JS scripts have been updated you shouldn't see any delay in chat message loading. Please send me a PM with a test account to take a look.

Top Bottom