Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I have set guests to be able to view the chat box. But the box still doesn't show unless you log in. Guests can't see it..

chatperms.webp

It should work with any display mode. On my demo I have set it to "Above Forums List" using the same perms as you and guests can see it.

Thanks for great product. Couple of things I can't figure out.

1. how do I "un-kick" someone
2. how do I get to the Chat Banned Screen I see on the examples
3. how do I get the reported chat items

@kunik1962,

1. Kick is a form of ban so you just need to unban that user from the banned list.
2. On the chat user options menu.
3. When there are unresolved reported messages, you will see a link to reported messages, in the chat header.

@Juan Sin Miedo, you can place it in the sidebar without using WF. As for XenPorta, I don't know what you mean by compatible, but with the embed mode you can place the chat anywhere you want.

@Rambro. chat works with XenForo's ignore feature so if a user has ignored someone, it will be ignored in chat too. You can ignore/unignore users directly from the chat users options menu.

Is there a way to disable the editor bar in mobile?
Would be much cleaner without it.

Also this is a big one: on Mobile, when you type a message and hit enter, it posts it but it refreshes you out of the chat box, so you cannot immediately start typing again unless you click the chat box enter info box again. This is rough when the screen is tiny to have to constantly hit that box to type the next thing when you already did.

As well in mobile, if you post a youtube video and it fills up the screen you have to find a corner of the screen where there is nothing to scroll, because trying to scroll by tap holding on the video will not scroll at all.

Thank you! Def on my purchase list, just not sure because of the mobile issues.

Check out the simplicity of this mobile chat:

(Slack.com)

unnamed.webp

Also final question from the demo:
Is there someway to remove that "Please wait" after submitting a message?
That is a huge pause between messages.

Last edited:
I now own this and it is great! Suggestion: Add the ability to trigger commands for the bot.
I.E.
chatstuff.webp
So we can add magic 8 ball and roll commands.

BUG:
The chat is not auto scrolling when inverse is not selected for members of mine.
They are using chrome latest 44 version.

UPDATE:
Fixed by editing the Javascript to autoscroll from 0 to 1.

Another issue:

Memory leak?
It seems the longer it stays on the screen the laggier the site gets before a refresh of the whole page.

Last edited:
I've tested it, I had 40 or so users on the chat at once, I found the forum got incredibly slow to the point where users were getting 502 errors. I never fully investigated, I just removed the addon and booted back up. Went back to fast response times and happy users.

Unfortunately, I won't be testing again on a live site until I can be confident that something similar will not occur again. (I was testing in 1.7.1)

It might be something to do with my setup, but I'm not entirely sure. Others seem to be having fine performance with the addon, so it could just be me.

Really bad input lag whilst typing on 1.8.1 now.

I am getting this with the latest version.

@Siropu I have CTA Featured Threads installed and visible on the forum index. Is there any way to have the chat box appear above the featured thread instead of below it?

Also, we have a home page setup with the widget framework and I'd like to be able to add the chat to that somehow, separate of the options available to us on the forum pages for index and sidebar. Any suggestions?

Lastly, if we get rid of the chat page, is there a way to get a link to the Chat Archive on the forum index? If we go with the "widget" view it would be good to have so the people can catch up on the conversation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom