Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Version 1.17.5 fixes the following bugs:
  1. Quoting a message when having set a default message color, makes the quoted text colored.
  2. Disabling the navigation tab chatters count prevents the tab childs from displaying on chat page.
Some small changes:
  1. The custom color of quoted messages is now removed from the quote.
  2. The smilie list will now slide up/down when you click on the "Smilies" button.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu
  1. If a chat message is reported then does the moderator only see that message or also the convo? In most cases its absolutely needed to see the messages before it as well. If not then please consider this.
  2. If an offsite image is posted, then will the XF image cache come into play and keep the SSL secure? If not then please consider this.
  3. Can you run this outside the forums route? I am using XF without forums on several installs. If not then please consider this.
  4. Is there a compact view for members in chat? To cater for many members online.

Feature requests:
  1. Media player with playlist, that allows chatters to add media to the playlist.
  2. It would be nice if clicking on the name of a chat room would open the room.
  3. Show active rooms on main chat page and in rooms.
  4. Clearly show staff online in chat. This has a positive effect on member behavior.

Last edited:
If an offsite image is posted, then will the XF image cache come into play and keep the SSL secure? If not then please consider this.
For this one, I can tell for sure that the add-on properly utilizes XenForo's IMG BBCode. Which means it'll also inherit the feature to proxy images.

Attachments

• Screenshot (302).webp
    Screenshot (302).webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 16
If a chat message is reported then does the moderator only see that message or also the convo? In most cases its absolutely needed to see the messages before it as well. If not then please consider this.
The moderators can only see the reported messages, but I think I will add that feature in the future release.
Can you run this outside the forums route? I am using XF without forums on several installs. If not then please consider this.
Without /forums route? As long as the used hooks are there, it should work. You can also use the embed mode to add the chat anywhere you want.
Is there a compact view for members in chat? To cater for many members online.
I don't understand what you mean. Could you please explain?

Please add a function for moderators to toggle whisper views.

In busy environments, it gets very spammy, and most moderators don't need to see all whispers, but only 'review' them if a suspicion arises.

I still don't get "User has joined/left" messages, what settings relate to this? Maybe I've missed something. Anyone else experience this?
Also, I think the sound option should be for new, unread chat messages when I'm not focused on it, not when I submit a message.

Same problem for me.

I don't understand what you mean. Could you please explain?
Currently there is a space on the right that lists the users in chat:
chat-png.109410

Let's say there are 70 members in chat. With the current setup you would get an immensely long page. Correct?
Please add a solution for this, so that a large number of members in chat are shown without causing display problems.

Ok, to make everyone happy I have added 2 new permissions:
  1. View whispers (you can see who sent the message and recipients but not the message)
  2. Read whispers (you can see everything)

Nice enhancement, but there is one problem with it.

When the staff is able to read the whisper, you see xyz (whispers) ..........
So you think, the person whispers to you. If you use your .siropuChatWhisperPolice {}, you change the Design of the Username, but not only for the readable whisper, also for a whisper to your person.

Is it possible, to change the readable whiper to a xyz (Whispers to abc) ...... for both rights, viewing and reading.

While trying to ban a member from chat, i got the following server error.

User was banned, but got a totaly wrong message, how long he will be banned.
Fehlermeldung des Servers
Fehlerinformation
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'ban_type' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generiert durch: ........., Vor 17 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(317): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_siropu_chat_...', Array)
#4 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php(1602): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php(1539): Siropu_Chat_ControllerPublic_Chat->_kickUser(Array, false)
#8 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Siropu_Chat_ControllerPublic_Chat->actionKick()
#9 /var/www/............./htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /var/www/............./htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "http://www...............de/index.php?chat/kick"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["chat/kick"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["user_id"] => string(4) "6815"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(6) "/chat/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Funny thing is, that the "kick" command in the user menu dropdown does not work. It is globaly set in the options and the right to kick is activated. Banning works.

Let's say there are 70 members in chat. With the current setup you would get an immensely long page. Correct?
Please add a solution for this, so that a large number of members in chat are shown without causing display problems.
When the list goes beyond the container, the scrollbar will appear.

Attachments

• Screenshot (303).webp
    Screenshot (303).webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 10
I still don't get "User has joined/left" messages, what settings relate to this? Maybe I've missed something. Anyone else experience this?
The option is at "Displayed notifications" > User has joined the room, User has left the room
You can see on my chat demo that this is working.
just a quick one how to i produce a gap between the chat and the category header, its together
In EXTRA.css add this:
Code:
#siropuChat.siropuChatForumsList {bottom: 10px;}

@DivokyMuz, I will release a bug fix asap.

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Version 1.17.6 fixes the following bugs:
  1. Missing field type for bans table (affects fresh installs from version 1.17.0)
  2. When permision to view whispers is set, the class siropuChatWhisperPolice is applied to own whispers too,
  3. If you have permission "View whispers" but not "Read whispers", you can still read the whisper when you click to edit the message.
Some small changes:
  1. If you have special whisper permissions now you will see (Whispers to x, y, x)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom