Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
on my main forum my CHAT icon has a little red ONE next to it but there are no new messages and it will not go away when clicked in?

I thought maybe it was the number of messages in the chat. Because there are two. However was hopeing it would reset to not show the RED when I clicked inside and read them.

@Siropu when using the chat on the forum index, how can I shrink the size and distance between responses so it takes up less vertical room? i'm shooting for something more along the lines of what they have on the admin zone. screenshot included:

1.webp them

2.webp us

Try this code:
Code:
.siropuChatForumsList .siropuChatMessages > li {margin: 2px 0 !important;}
1.webp new

2.webp old

there are roughly 9 lines of chat showing still, which i think is contributing to making it too large.

another thing i noticed, on mobile, when you add in a bbcode, it places the cursor outside the code on the right side, which is pretty annoying to have to focus and place back inside the code.

Last edited:
Try margin: 0 instead.
Not sure I understand the mobile issue.
the spacing is definitely better. now i'd like to shrink the height of the overall box so that less lines of chat show.

the mobile issue - when you insert a bbcode, the cursor does not stay inside the code, but jumps to the outside as if you were going to continue typing after the code. on mobile, it forces you to hold the screen and move the cursor inside and then paste whatever you were trying to place inside the brackets.

You can change the height using chat style properties "Content Container".
When using text bbcodes such as bold, italic, underline, you can first type your text, select it and then click the bbcode button.

When using text bbcodes such as bold, italic, underline, you can first type your text, select it and then click the bbcode button.
Will test that later and report back, thanks.

That works great on the desktop but highlighting things on mobile is a huge pain in the ass. Easier to paste between the codes or type out from there. Even on desktop it would only necessitate an extra mouse click to move the cursor back outside the codes.

tried this out and it changes the height of the box on the chat page as well.

Sorry about that, this should work:
Code:
.siropuChatForumsList #siropuChatContent {height: 150px !important;}

Chat uses a simple custom editor, XF uses "Redactor". It cannot work the same.
I will make some changes to insert cursor between the bbcode tags when you click on a bbcode button.

Top Bottom