Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Create a new room to make the general chat available. I will make some changes to display general chat even if there are no custom rooms.
That would help and be so much better than to have to teach all my members they have to click the + sign to join a room :rolleyes: For now, the chat is disabled because it's not useful this way.

If they leave a room, they still need to join it again.
That's not how it was before. I never created a room. When they went into the forum index and typed in the boxed, they got logged into the general chat, if they went to the chat room page, it logged them into the general chat. Never had we had to "join" a room because we never made one. When we installed it, it had the "general chat" room so we left it as is.

If you are not using the rooms feature, you can disable it from chat admin options. That way, general chat will be set by default.

Great Update! Even more features and no hiccups with the update.

One thing about "Popup Window"... it does not work quite well, because it misses important things like JS and CSS to work properly. Styling gets lost in places (fonts for example) and the browser console throws errors for UIX (and other add-ons) because JS is not loaded properly/at all.

Maximized Mode
- The Maxized Size option is not working for me, i see the minimized height still? May be the options didn't refresh? Also my sound options were all un-selected after update?

The setting "maximized mode" isn't available in the chat settings popup (in the front end) anymore... maybe that is the problem... bug?

If you are not using the rooms feature, you can disable it from chat admin options. That way, general chat will be set by default.
but I have rooms to be created (if desired) by a special group so I can't disable it. If not in use, I'd like it like it was before where it would login a user to general regardless if he went into the chat page or he submitted text in chat on index.

Also bugs with the Ban / Mute / Kick List, i get some empty rows with no username, when click to unkick, unban, to clear it up: "The requested user could not be found."

On related, perm-banned users, were no longer banned from chat, for example i have a X user perm ban on "ALL" Tab, but i go to "BAN" tab and the ban is not there?

edit: All my Bans / Kicks from before update, return a user not found error, i can't remove them?

The setting "maximized mode" isn't available in the chat settings popup (in the front end) anymore... maybe that is the problem... bug?
Yup it must be a bug, i cleaned all the sessions on database, then i have the maximized mode, when i use any setting like select my text color, refreshing the chat, it's no longer maximized, that's how i reproduce it.

Last edited:
@Siropu one important one here, that seems a security exploit:

It seems you can inject html, including <script> tags on the /status command? One staff was able to crash others by accident as well, example:

sW5Z9DT.gif

Also, by disabling the chat rooms, the recent forums tab is gone from the chat box as shown below.
noforumtab.webp

@vinafix, that's based on the "Maximum Attachment File Size (KB" in XF attachment options.
@silence, I don't see any problems with the default settings set in admin options.
@mauzao9, is the template for banned users and all the chat js files up to date?
@Maester Aemon, have you set the new permissions?
@Rigo, it's the designed behavior. I will add a new option to select if you want the general room to be set as default when you leave all the rooms.

@Freelancer, "Open in Popup" work fine for me in default style. The popup basically loads the page chat/fullpage which is the full page version of the chat. I don't see any issues with "Editor on top" options.

@mauzao9, is the template for banned users and all the chat js files up to date?
Yes they are, the error doesn't seem to be template based, all the entries before the update return a "user can not be found" error and can't be removed. I had perm chat bans that could access the chat again after the update, even though they were there, and had to be re-banned.

@Freelancer, "Open in Popup" work fine for me in default style. The popup basically loads the page chat/fullpage which is the full page version of the chat. I don't see any issues with "Editor on top" options.

Well, the page does not include the "EXTRA.CSS" and that's a problem if someone has put a lot of properties into the EXTRA.CSS for his page... Please include the EXTRA.CSS in the Popup in future updates.

And it does not load the UIX.CSS (of course not). But I would recommend that it loads the EXTRA.CSS at least, because it is part of XF core customizability.

consoleerrors.webp

EXTRA.css it's included by XenForo and it is available on fullpage mode. I don't know why you get those errors.

Hello,

for some reason, the box where all the messages should be displayed isn't there:
chat.webp

I have a fresh install of your chat add-on as I just purchased it, permissions and options are all set correctly. This error also occurs on the default style, any ideas?

Top Bottom