Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
A popup window can be added very easily. I might add the option in the next release. There isn't a who's chatting widget because the chat itself has a chatters list.

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features, Improvements & Bug Fixes

Image Uploads
Allows you to upload images directly to the chat. Uploads are not attachments as they are not linked to any post. Uploaded images can be posted in any room at any time you want by selecting them from the image list displayed when clicking on the "Image" bbcode button.

This feature has two permissions. One to allow users to upload images and one to limit how many images a user can upload in total.

Image list is AJAX paginated and users have the option to delete selected...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice Update @Siropu ! :)

Some oddies here for us.

With the /giphy comamnd:
- We have the IMG bbcode disabled to prevent abuse, however, giphy won't work unless IMG is allowed, but that allows it to every used to everybody. Can it be possible to disable IMG and still allow giphy to users with permission?
- Flood Limit, this perm can make the chat hell if all can spam it as normal text messages, would it be possible to have a flood limit for the /giphy command?!
- Important: Mobile users are crying angry at the lag the gifs are causing on their devices, sometimes able to freeze them, can you provide a solution to avoid showing images at all to them?

Possible bug:
- The Maxized Size option is not working for me, i see the minimized height still? May be the options didn't refresh? Also my sound options were all un-selected after update?

On a question related to settings, possible to do a database query to set back to default all users settings?

I will look into the giphy issues.

The problem with maximized mode is that it's missing from the settings. :)
As for the settings, the default are all unselected but you have the option to set the default settings from the admin options. That however will only affect new users only. The sound and desktop notifications options have been changed to allows users to choose which message types will trigger them.

@Siropu I just seem to not be able to install with errors left right and center :(

ive uploaded everything to the root of XF.
library, styles, js and data

now when i go to install from a path i get an error and get a similar error when i go to install from choose file :(

@Siropu I just seem to not be able to install with errors left right and center :(

ive uploaded everything to the root of XF.
library, styles, js and data

now when i go to install from a path i get an error and get a similar error when i go to install from choose file :(
When you installed it, did you first disable the add-on? If you did and it is still not working, I think the best thing to do is to uninstall it (make a backup) and reinstall the new, updated one.

So I logged out from the room and now when I go to chat, I get this "
You haven't joined any rooms." And I don't even see any room options. Why @Siropu
chatroom.webp

Oh i figured i reseted the sessions on the database, maximized mode is fine, i change any setting, i get back to minimized mode. So little thing to fix there :)

You haven't joined any rooms." And I don't even see any room options. Why @Siropu
View attachment 134350

I ran into this issue as well.

I'm also now seeing this in the admin CP:
y8vkzCX.png

Last edited:
I received 5 pages of the same MySQL prepare error as above. This corresponds to the time I ran the update process in xF ACP.

Heres the thing siropu If you add the popup chat rooms like tiaga chat and the whos chatting widget ill gladly buy your chat..I need the whos chatting because when members come to the forum there gonna wanna see whoes in the chat room on the right site before they even click on chat tab. Cause thats a pain in the bum if you have to keep clicking chat tab to see if anybody or there friends in there or not then click back and fourth . if there is a whoes chatting widget they can be like: Oh there robert his chatting with sam im joining in!

@DaniD, I have mentioned in the update to disable add-on before running the upgrade. If you got that during the upgrade it should be ok now.
View attachment 134350
Click on the "+" tab to join a room.

@RAHSTYLES, the popup has been added as a chat menu option, not a tab option. It can be added in the tab submenu with a code change. You have the option to display chat on above/below forum list so users doesn't have to go to chat page to see who's chatting.

@DaniD, I have mentioned in the update to disable add-on before running the upgrade. If you got that during the upgrade it should be ok now.

@RAHSTYLES, the popup has been added as a chat menu option, not a tab option. It can be added in the tab submenu with a code change. You have the option to display chat on above/below forum list so users doesn't have to go to chat page to see who's chatting.

Yea the thing is.. I dont want a distracting chatbox above the forums.. cause then nobody will post and people will just chat all day.. I dont put the chatbox on the forum.. thats why im saying if you had a pop out chatbox they could chat and brows the forums and post the same time they are chatting.. I really need a whos chatting widget thought thats for sure.

I am and it's saying there are no rooms. However, there is the general chat room. As a matter of fact, I have to add a second room in order for the "General Chat" room to show.

Last edited:
Create a new room to make the general chat available. I will make some changes to display general chat even if there are no custom rooms.

Top Bottom