Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@Siropu Is there an option to periodically archive conversations to a dedicated chat thread? I love the idea of chat but worried that it'll take some of the juice away from regular forum activities. Maybe overreacting on this so welcome any inputs.
If you set a thread ID when creating a room, posts to that room will also be posted to that thread, but otherwise there is no option to archive to thread. If you go back to page 27, you'll see that he mentioned plans to implement a bulk export to thread option in a future version, but only he can tell you if there will be an option to automate it.

Last edited:
threads and posts:

1526556943447.webp
1526557003277.webp
1526557030168.webp

I believe, @truonglv will have more information about this.

To scheduled posts/threads I need to manual disable this options in Siropu Chat:
1526557187405.webp
because after posting scheduled posts I have notifications again in my Chat2 :D

Are you saying that chat notifications for scheduled threads and posts are posted before the date they where scheduled?

In my case, chat notification never pops up upon approval.
ChatBot only shows the message for threads that don't require approval.

@Siropu your the man for taking my idea and adding it to your add-on! A lot of other people would find great use out of a pop-up chat instead of being directed away from the site/ to another page. I know I'm not the only one who thoroughly appreciates that. Upgrading now :D

Thanks

@Siropu hey man,

We have started using your chat module since we upgraded our platform to XF2, everything is great, we really love the futures we have available.
Instead we're experiencing some performance issues with the chat, meaning whenever we have 40-50 members online (they have access to use the chat) + 30-40 guests (view only, they do not have access to use the chat), our hosting load average goes really high at some point I was able to see over 100 load average which is impossible.

Server configuration is high tech, 24GB RAM, SSD and 6 Core, we're using cPanel with Litespeed. I had to increase the refresh interval for messages, it did the trick somehow lower down the load but now messages are loading very slow.

We would really appreciate if you could help us on if something we're doing is wrong or any suggestions to keep refresh time at 5 seconds as default but keep the server load stable.

Thanks!

Note: After verifying our current chat version it was quite old, we just upgraded to latest version, we'll monitor for few more days.

Last edited:
@RoTrKO, have you lowered refresh interval for guests? Even if guests cannot use the chat, it will still perform server requests to get new messages and user list for them so it will consume resources. I will add an option in a future release to perform some queries less often so improve performance. Also, as I said before, if possible, I plan to implement node.js which will handle a lot more users.

Is it possible to prevent users from seeing rooms they don’t have access to?
No, but I can add an option to hide rooms.

if possible, I plan to implement node.js which will handle a lot more users.

That would be awesome... love the way node systems push stuff out.

No, but I can add an option to hide rooms.

Many thanks - I think it would be useful to control the visibility at the room level as there are some restricted rooms that you might want to be visible for marketing/incentive purposes.

@RoTrKO, have you lowered refresh interval for guests? Even if guests cannot use the chat, it will still perform server requests to get new messages and user list for them so it will consume resources. I will add an option in a future release to perform some queries less often so improve performance. Also, as I said before, if possible, I plan to implement node.js which will handle a lot more users.
On the contrary, I have increased a lot the refresh interval for guests but it was due to old version actually, now with new version performance has improved a lot. But I really like the idea of node.js as we all look for performance improvement :)

Another feature that would be great to have Minimum time between messages for each Room separately as I would like to have for example 2-3 rooms where one of the rooms will have 5 minutes or maybe more limit compared to other rooms where I will have 5-10 seconds limit.

Last edited:
When enabling the BB Code Toggle button, I find myself unable to submit messages when BB codes are toggled off, even when turning the submit button on and clicking it.

Top Bottom