Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm adding the button by using the XF method (editor dialog and JS config), I'm not doing anything that can be called a "hack".

I understand mate, thanks. But I wonder why doesn't the picture bbcode works the same way it does in the posts when users select it in the chat. I mean, couldn't the same button used originally by xenforo by used in your add-on too? This way we'd not need the alternative button to upload pictures, because the pic bbcode will act for both remote upload or upload by machine (as default behaviour in posts/pc already).

But I appreciate your help and your fast replies tho :)

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Disabling the rooms and setting a default joined room, doesn't work.

Made some adjustments to the giphy command to prevent issues with SSL support and if no data is returned from Giphy, it will display a message rather than posting the command as is.

When using the prune command and some other moderator commands, won't update your room activity status anymore.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu chat's working great. thanks for the speedy update.

how can i change the size of the chat box on the forum list page? This is the home page on my iphone 7plus

C8A1B1BF-8857-4C1D-9DF0-42512413265F.webp

Last edited:
Since that add-on overwrites the editor buttons, there is nothing I can do. It looks like the add-on doesn't support custom editor buttons without bbcode so I can't patch that for him.
Couldn't the bbcode function be called in a different way so that it doesn't get overridden by his add-on which seems to replace bbcodes by match?
I'm adding the button by using the XF method (editor dialog and JS config), I'm not doing anything that can be called a "hack".
I understand mate, thanks. But I wonder why doesn't the picture bbcode works the same way it does in the posts when users select it in the chat. I mean, couldn't the same button used originally by xenforo by used in your add-on too? This way we'd not need the alternative button to upload pictures, because the pic bbcode will act for both remote upload or upload by machine (as default behaviour in posts/pc already).

But I appreciate your help and your fast replies tho :)
They work differently and use different content types as well. With chat uploads, you can reuse them.
hate to jump in the deep end on this but i'm having a similar issue with the editor manager and the chat, namely that while using the [TH] Giphy addon, I cannot turn the button off since its not in the chat selectable bbcodes list, and since its not explicitly excluded, the editor manager takes over and shows it anyway. same thing with the media button apparently.

edit: although, oddly enough, the media embed feature doesn't seem to actually work inside the chat box. which seems really weird.

Last edited:
I cannot turn the button off since its not in the chat selectable bbcodes list
I have added a new option that allows you to disable custom buttons that do not use BB codes. You would have to specify the button name.

although, oddly enough, the media embed feature doesn't seem to actually work inside the chat box. which seems really weird.
The media embed works fine on a default installation.

I have added a new option that allows you to disable custom buttons that do not use BB codes. You would have to specify the button name.

The media embed works fine on a default installation.
Right. I deselected it in the list, thus I suppose turning it off, but because of the editor toolbar addon conflict, the button still shows up.

Last edited:
Is it possible to prevent youtube videos to get parsed in the chat? When 2 or more videos are posted, not only it lags a lot from mobile, but it also does give a weird blinking effect when the video is half hidden because of the overlay, which covers the header of the chat, thanks.

Not possible but I'll see what I can do about that and other media sites. I've noticed that blinking effect and seems to be a weird Chrome bug and when you play the video it doesn't flicker anymore.

Thanks, I was thinking a simple z-index would have fixed the issue, but it didn't, at least not on my side.

Have a good day!

Finally my problem was not created by Siropu Chat, it was a corrupted permission in the SQL Table that has been fixed by Xenforo support.

I finally installed Siropu Chat and it is working good

Hello, one user have reported a problem with color saving, after entering the forum, he have to set the chat color again. I didn't notice such a problem on my account. What could be wrong?

I don't see changes in 'siropu_chat_settings' in database for one user:
1524399457664.webp

but for other users it works:
1524399515990.webp

Last edited:
Chat user settings are saved in the database only when the user changes the settings so I don't see how settings can reset like that.

Hmmm, but if we change only color, settings are saved? Other users change also settings, one user change only color - maybe this is a problem?

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 6 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/View/Chat.php:31
Code:
#0 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/View/Chat.php(31): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/var/www/domain...', 31, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): Siropu\Chat\Pub\View\Chat->renderJson()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(60): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', '', Array)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', '', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#6 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(32) "/community/index.php?chat/update"
  ["referrer"] => string(29) "https://domain.com/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["channel"] => string(4) "room"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["last_id"] => array(5) {
      [1] => string(4) "2959"
      [2] => string(4) "2914"
      [3] => string(4) "2391"
      [4] => string(4) "2475"
      [5] => string(4) "1697"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_only"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1524567645"
    ["is_chat_page"] => string(5) "false"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(11) "/community/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Greetings,

Would someone direct me to a link or document containing the manual and instructions for this?

We've just installed this and I'm having some difficulty determining just what each feature and function is supposed to do.

Thanks!

~Noobz

To set it up you simply set the user group permissions and in chat admin options you set the default joined room. If you have any questions regarding features, please open a support ticket and I will be glad to help you.

Top Bottom