Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
If when typing you tap with your mouse on a previous word in your message to add an edit in between, the output results in:

Text until the word you tapped on
all the other text here.

(Basically, it goes to a new line in the output message, splitting the message in two lines)

For example, if you were about to type "Thank you" but for any reason you typed "Thakn you", when you modify after "Tha" to properly type "nk" so it gets into "Thank" it gets displayed this way:

Tha
nk you

Tested with both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I can definitely tell it's not browser related. Also, in my test, the chat position was set at the top of the forum index, if it helps by any ways.

Reactions: CNK
Bug: I tried to ban IP from a guest that was using foul language in my chat. When I clicked ban IP, I just got error message with that the requested page could not be found.

Feature request: Can I be able to make guests VIEW the chat room, but not post?

Last edited:
Reactions: CNK
Love this modification, its very professional!

Is there a way for members to turn of the chat bar that comes up on the forums. at the bottom of the screen when a message is posted.

I think you can do it in the admin, but some members like it and some don't, do they have there own settings for this and where can they find it.

Thank you very much.

Mick

Why each time I do refresh the page the tab of private conversations with a previously started private conv. is open by default? I'd like the general room tab to be open, not a private conversation I had with an user. Ty.

If when typing you tap with your mouse on a previous word in your message to add an edit in between, the output results in:

Text until the word you tapped on
all the other text here.

(Basically, it goes to a new line in the output message, splitting the message in two lines)
Can you reproduce this on desktop?

Bug: I tried to ban IP from a guest that was using foul language in my chat. When I clicked ban IP, I just got error message with that the requested page could not be found.
The form URL is wrong. Will be fixed in the next release.

Feature request: Can I be able to make guests VIEW the chat room, but not post?
You mean view the guest room but not post? Unset the user group permission "Use chat".

Is there a way for members to turn of the chat bar that comes up on the forums. at the bottom of the screen when a message is posted.
There is a user group permission called "Change display mode" that allows users to choose where they want the chat to be displayed.

Why each time I do refresh the page the tab of private conversations with a previously started private conv. is open by default? I'd like the general room tab to be open, not a private conversation I had with an user. Ty.
It loads what you last used. If you switch to a room, it will open that in the next refresh.

Thanks for replying @Siropu.
1- Yes it happens on desktop as it's what I use every day.
2- If I switch to the general room, after reloading the page I still get redirected to the private conversation, this is why I reported it to you.

For example, if you were about to type "Thank you" but for any reason you typed "Thakn you", when you modify after "Tha" to properly type "nk" so it gets into "Thank" it gets displayed this way:

Tha
nk you

Tested with both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I can definitely tell it's not browser related. Also, in my test, the chat position was set at the top of the forum index, if it helps by any ways.
I can confirm this happens, on desktop or mobile. You have to go back in and edit it further to remove the line break.

Invisibility permissions is something that needs looking at I think.

If users have chosen to hide their online status on the board, they still show as being in the chat room, which causes people some concern as they don’t expect this.

When you click pop-out window in the top right-hand corner of chat is it possible to increase the height of Chat? The width is responsive but If I click the chat to full screen or adjust the height the chat only displays the same height with lots of space underneath.

Is there a way to make it so that guests can see the messages in your chatroom, but cannot talk? I want to advertise it to people who are not members that it's an active community. As of right now, I cannot in my community.

Thanks for the reply,

I wondered what that setting was all about :)

I will sort out all the permissions, and add that to the usergroups.

Thank you.

Mick

Yes it happens on desktop as it's what I use every day.
I can't reproduce this but I've made a change to remove break lines when message is posted.

If I switch to the general room, after reloading the page I still get redirected to the private conversation, this is why I reported it to you.
I can reproduce this but it is very strange. If you logout and login again it will work correctly again (can you please confirm?). Then, after a while, the cookies stop working. Have no idea what's going on. From my tests, the cookies just doesn't get saved anymore after a while.

Invisibility permissions is something that needs looking at I think.
This will apply in the next release.

Is there a way to make it so that guests can see the messages in your chatroom, but cannot talk?
Yes, unset the user group permission "Use chat" for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user group. Guests will still see "Type /nick...." in the editor and cannot post but this will be changed in the next release. The editor will be disabled and a message "Please login to use the chat" will be displayed instead as the editor placeholder.

Possible to make the chat always scroll down to the newest message upon loading? It is cumbersome having to scroll down to the latest message every time I load the chat. (happens when a image has been posted)
That chat waits for images to load and then auto scrolls. I've tested it with several giphy images and it works fine for me.

When you click pop-out window in the top right-hand corner of chat is it possible to increase the height of Chat? The width is responsive but If I click the chat to full screen or adjust the height the chat only displays the same height with lots of space underneath.
This will work as expected in the next release.

Yes, unset the user group permission "Use chat" for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" user group. Guests will still see "Type /nick...." in the editor and cannot post but this will be changed in the next release. The editor will be disabled and a message "Please login to use the chat" will be displayed instead as the editor placeholder.
This doesn't happen on my install. See the screenshot below:
1522885374551.webp

My users are consistently reporting occurences where they post a message in a chat room and it instead is posted into the default chat room.
Becoming a growing issue. Messages being posted in a private conversation are now also affected and are instead posted in the general chat room. Any thoughts on it?

It is not possible to be in a certain room/conversation and when you post the message to go in a different room/conversation. It is most likely that the users don't pay attention in which room/conv they are when they post. Is the active room/conversation highlighted enough based on your style?

Top Bottom