Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
It is not possible to be in a certain room/conversation and when you post the message to go in a different room/conversation. It is most likely that the users don't pay attention in which room/conv they are when they post. Is the active room/conversation highlighted enough based on your style?
It is. From their descriptions they are in the private conversation, see the messages of the private conversations, send a message and the message is then "gone", it won't pop up in the private conversation, instead the general chat starts flashing at when they open it, their message is found there. They explicitely describe the part of the flashing tab and having to switch the room to find their message. That and the fact that multiple users described the same phenomenon, I doubt it is their carelessness.

Have you made any changes to the default chat templates? Do you see any JS errors is the browser console?

Have you made any changes to the default chat templates?
No explicit changes at least. Which parts of it could potentially cause something like that?

Do you see any JS errors is the browser console?
I haven't spotted any, only the XHR feedback, but then again I haven't observed the behaviour yet either. I'll ask them to have a lookout for it.

What does that mean?
There could always be an add-on or a template modification that could touch some part, therefor I wouldn't rule that out with a hundred percent certainity. But as it is a production site, I unfortunately can't just go ahead and disable all other add-ons and wait for a week or so to see if this might be gone then. As soon as I am able to reproduce it, I can check that on my test installation, but that's a different story.

I forgot to mention that I have added a new User Group Permission for changing settings and needs to be set in order for users to be able to change their settings. :cry:

Hey i have installed new updated chat and i get this error below, i have checked settings and all seems active.
1523174869508.webp

You must set the default joined room in the chat admin options. Also, enable rooms and give users permission to join rooms.

Got Quite a Number of Server errors since the upgrade 2.0.4 (around 200).

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Mvc\Controller::exception() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Reply\AbstractReply, instance of XF\Phrase given, called in /*********/*********/********/src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php on line 22 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php:385
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php(22): XF\Mvc\Controller->exception(Object(XF\Phrase))
#1 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(29): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->preDispatchController('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(117): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Index', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'siropuChat', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(6) "/chat/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/chat/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Will be fixed in the next release. If you want to fix it yourself until the next release, you can go to src\Addons\Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat.php and replace:

PHP:
throw $this->exception(\XF::phrase('siropu_chat_do_not_have_permission'));
With:
PHP:
throw $this->exception($this->noPermission(\XF::phrase('siropu_chat_do_not_have_permission')));

In the new update, nice to see a meaningful message shown to the guests ("Please login to use the chat"). However, a flaw is, the same message is shown to a logged-in member who does not have the permission to use chat. Should have shown something like "You do not have permission to use chat" instead.

Two errors after latest update:
  • Error: Call to undefined method XFMG\XF\Entity\User::isVisibleSiropuChat()
  • src/addons/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPlugin/Update.php:73

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\Update->Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\{closure}(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#2 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPlugin/Update.php(74): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#3 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php(417): Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\Update->getUpdates(Array)
#4 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php(424): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->getUpdates(Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->actionUpdate(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Update', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'siropuChat', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/index.php?chat/update"
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "https://www.theaocdungeon.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
    ["channel"] => string(4) "room"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["last_id"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(3) "408"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_only"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1523203766"
    ["is_chat_page"] => string(5) "false"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\Update->Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\{closure}(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#2 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPlugin/Update.php(74): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#3 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php(417): Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\Update->getUpdates(Array)
#4 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php(424): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->getUpdates(Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->actionUpdate(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Update', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'siropuChat', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "https://www.theaocdungeon.com/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
      [1] => string(3) "408"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1523203766"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
  }
}

Just tried to edit a message and seeing this error...

PHP: An exception occurred: [ArgumentCountError] Too few arguments to function XF\ControllerPlugin\Editor::convertToBbCode(), 0 passed in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/test/public/src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Message.php on line 47 and at least 1 expected in src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Editor.php on line 26 #0 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Message.php(47): XF\ControllerPlugin\Editor->convertToBbCode() #1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag)) #2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Mes...', 'Edit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL) #3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch)) #4 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #5 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run() #6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #7 {main}

Just tried to edit a message and seeing this error...

Also happening on my forum. Also got this in the error log after it happened.

• ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Missing argument 1 for XF\ControllerPlugin\Editor::convertToBbCode(), called in /*****/****/****/src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Message.php on line 47 and defined
  • src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Editor.php:26
  • Generated by: ****
  • Apr 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM
Stack trace

#0 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Editor.php(26): XF::handlePhpError(2, 'Missing argumen...', '/home4/brandonx...', 26, Array)
#1 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Message.php(47): XF\ControllerPlugin\Editor->convertToBbCode()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Mes...', 'edit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(23) "/chat/message/1961/edit"
["referrer"] => string(30) "https://www.equalout.com/chat/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["message_html"] => string(54) "<p><span style="color: rgb(47, 0, 255);">hi</span></p>"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(6) "/chat/"
}
}

I just install the update. I get an error.

Server error log
Code:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Entity\User::canViewSiropuChat() src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php:20
Generated by: Bastty Apr 9, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(29): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->preDispatchController('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(117): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Update', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'siropuChat', Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state
Code:
array(4) {
  ["referrer"] => string(20) "https://we-play.org/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(11) {
      [1] => string(3) "330"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "3"
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1523270046"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
  }
}

Can you help me to fix this one @Siropu.
Thank you.

Top Bottom