Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
What does the error title say in the logs?
Hello,

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(17) "/chat/room/0/save"
  ["referrer"] => string(22) "https://domain.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["room_name"] => string(6) "Username"
    ["room_description"] => string(5) "salon"
    ["room_password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["join_room"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hello @Siropu

I am unable to use the function "whisper". System says that i do not have permission to use this command.
I checked permissions for my group and whisper is allowed.

Anything to check in the option to allow permission ?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to installing this on my forum as soon as it's confirmed to be compatible with 2.1 (don't want to invest in any other add-ons that won't be ready for the upgrade when it's out of beta).

Thanks for your work on this Siropu!

Go to ACP > Chat > Commands > Whisper and see what user groups are selected.

Next week a compatible version should be ready.

I don't have an option to create chat rooms and the General-Chat chat room isn't there by default?

You need to set the user group permissions. The option to create rooms will be available in 2 places: Chat user options menu and chat rooms list. The General room is default but you have to select it in the chat admin options under "Default joined rooms".

Just tested the Chat on XF 2.1 Beta 5 and it is working fine for me. The only issues are with some font awesome icons.

Is it possible to use a chat room like a houtbox (put the room in a sidebar widget)? Or should I purchase the shut box add-on instead of this one (and be okay with the fewer features)?

It is possible. Disable rooms and private conversations in admin options and set a default room in "Default joined rooms".

Just tested the Chat on XF 2.1 Beta 5 and it is working fine for me.

You're right, things do seem fine now :). The earlier issues were with XF 2.1 Beta 2 & Chat 2.0.17. XF 2.1 Beta 5 & Chat 2.0.17 does seem to appear where it should (e.g. dedicated chat page now shows the chat) and not where it shouldn't (e.g. top chatters no longer shows the chat).

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Rooms widget invalid JavaScript file, breaking the widget's JS functionality to join/leave rooms and view user list for each room.

Conversation message edit issue, where the message row is removed from the chat window upon edit.

Guest ban not working as expected.

Note:
There is a file that needs to be removed as it is no longer required and will interfere with the message edit JS action. File is src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/View/Message/Edit.php

P.S. This is probably...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update and the Christmas sale, Siropu! Merry Christmas!
I can't figure out how to edit/rename/delete the default chat room. Could you help?

Edit: Figured it out! Font awesome issue in my 2.1 testing board, working fine on my 2.0 live board.

Last edited:
Hi i was wondering how i could remove date stamp from front of chatbox, i have XF 2.1 and Chat 2.0.17 and works really well.
Is there a command or is there code that needs editing?

Hi Siropu yes that worked brilliantly thank you, just one more question how can i keep the typing even with long and short usernames in the chat.
Example below:

Before:
XFiLeS: Hi and welcome to movideon
SeanMcDonald: Hi how are you xfiles

After:
XFiLeS: ......................Hi and welcome to movideon
SeanMcDonald:......Hi how are you xfiles

I have min set usernames min 4 and max 10, so can the after be implemented to the chat?

Top Bottom