Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
What do you mean by "upper and below" notice? There is only one notice and it is above. Try the following in extra.less

CSS:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
    #siropuChatNotice
    {
        display: none;
    }
}

The code above will hide the notice. If you want to hide the ads as well:
CSS:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
    #siropuChatNotice, .siropuChatAds
    {
        display: none;
    }
}

@Siropu,
I´ve tried to install the 2.1 version in my dev site to check if there would be new phrases I have to update in my german language pack. I am running XF 2.1.0 Beta 5 and unfortunal have some issues with the new version. The chat is displayed on all pages, but I can´t open the chat bar at the bottom. When I click it, just nothing happens. Same with browsing rooms on the chat page, creating rooms from the chat window (via the menu it seems to work) and issues of that kind in other spots, including not being able to send messages to the chat via the enter key (it just adds a new line in the editor). Doublechecked, disabled all other addons, rebuild, issues peristing. Any idea? May be something went wrong while zipping the package and a file is damaged? Unfortunal I can´t provide you with the server logs or a stack trace - they are both empty. If you wanna have a look yourself, just drop me a line.

Someone has reported this yesterday and when I checked the zip, the JavaScript and style files were missing. If you re-download the zip again, it should be fine.

Someone has reported this yesterday and when I checked the zip, the JavaScript and style files were missing. If you re-download the zip again, it should be fine.
Indeed, redownloading the package solved the problem. Anyone experiencing the same issues should do so. (Old archive 184Kb, new archive 240Kb)

That was also the solution for my problems. This has actually done everything;)

If I could ask a few more wishes;)
An extra (always visible) logout button at the top of the bar (not in Menü).
What EACH of my users misses: saving formatting of the personal font. Currently you can only save the font color, but not bold, italic etc.

LG: Tammy

Today we have our first big chat evening. Well .. short-term - and are only 5 people in it;)
Many still have difficulties with the new features;)

But ALL have the phenomenon that users are no longer all to see. Often only one - or it means that no one is in the chat. I said they should press F5 - and then they're all back.

in the 2.0, I did not change anything.
A user leaves the room - and the message comes:
Userxy has left the room. But the ad is right: user is green.
I have just tried all the options.
Only F5 helps.

We have now searched for 20 minutes how to insert a picture.
Is not that possible from the hard drive? Only links from the internet?
The option is set to: upload images: 20
But where? We are desperate here;)

in the 2.0, I did not change anything.
A user leaves the room - and the message comes:
Userxy has left the room. But the ad is right: user is green.
I have just tried all the options.
Only F5 helps.
Can you please explain why are you using F5 to refresh the page? Not sure I understand what are you trying to do.

We have now searched for 20 minutes how to insert a picture.
Are you using version 2.0.18 or 2.0.19 for XF 2.1? In 2.0.19 you have to edit the editor toolbar (ACP > Content > BB code button manager) to add the chat image upload button. Also, make sure that the user group permission for image uploads is set.

Oh yes ... the language barriers;)
I use google for the translation;)

I use XF 2.1.0 Beta 5.
Also before. But there still the chat 2.0.18.
Suppose 5 users are in the chat. User 1, User2 ... User5. They were all to see.
Now (use 2.0.19) and then it happens that you enter the room - and it means: No users. Or it is 1 user to see.
I press F5 - and all are visible.
I have written very easily in German, maybe better for Google;)

you have to edit the editor toolbar (ACP > Content > BB code button manager) to add the chat image upload button. Also, make sure that the user group permission for image uploads is set.

You have to know THAT first. Thank you !!! I did not know the function yet!

Last edited:
Yes, and also with the other users. I was informed.

There have been users writing who were not in the list. So F5 - and the list was up to date.

Hi

I would like to have the main chat room are the top and a moderation chat to at the the bottom or in the sidebar.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Top Bottom