Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
the /me command has broken with the update.
And could we have a better list of which bugs were squashed in the future? :x

Since updating to 2.0.1 The chat has a noticeable delay. Some chat messages aren't going trough "server took too long to respond" and /me is broken. Sometimes it just sends the message as written. Sometimes it does it as a /me command but keeps the /.

Hello, @Siropu!

Because removes the list of members for narrow screens of mobile devices, could you add that when clicking on the member's nick in chat show the menu pops up -> whisper / private conversations (in chat).

My members who are sitting with mobile devices complain that it is difficult to start private correspondence or send a whisper.

Thank you!

Would be nice to have an archive option, though, just to have the nice page display.
I might changed that. Well see.

the /me command has broken with the update.
The only problem I see is the / after the username and it will be fixed in the next release.

And could we have a better list of which bugs were squashed in the future?
I can make a bug tracker but who will use it? I receive bug reports via PM, Support and thread and I fix them as they are reported and since I'm busy with my other XF2 add-ons, I don't keep track of the bugs.

@dopy, I've responded to your ticket.

Because removes the list of members for narrow screens of mobile devices, could you add that when clicking on the member's nick in chat show the menu pops up -> whisper / private conversations (in chat).
There is a user icon in the chat header on mobile that allows you to toggle the user list. There seems to be an issue sometimes with it at the moment so it will be fixed in the next release. :)

1 question and 1 feature request:

Question: I have changed display mode from "above forum list" to "all pages", but still it only appears above the forum list on the home page (using iphone both mobile and computer). Is there anything else I need to do?

Feature request: Is it possible to have a moderator option that enables us to convert a chat to a thread. The steps are like:
  1. A moderator can select one/multiple chat messages and click on "convert to a thread" button
  2. It'll ask for a thread title and then create a new thread with those chat messages under the name of the chat author
  3. Also, it'll delete that from the chat.

Last edited:
Question: I have changed display mode from "above forum list" to "all pages", but still it only appears above the forum list on the home page (using iphone both mobile and computer). Is there anything else I need to do?
If you have the permission to change the display mode from your user chat settings, that will overwrite the admin setting for you.

Is it possible to have a moderator option that enables us to convert a chat to a thread. The steps are like:
That's something I have considered and it will be a future feature.

Hi,

When I display chat on all pages, the chat bar at the bottom shows a limited number of characters from the last chat message, which is how it should be.

1513642195190.webp

But the problem is, the number of characters to show is same for mobile and PC view. The result is, the chat bar occupies a significant portion of the screen in mobile view.

How can I set the number of characters based on viewport? I couldn't find where this limit is set.

1513642308803.webp

@Siropu I just purchased your add-on. Thank you for making what seems to be a great add-on. Glad you've put so much work into this.

However, I'm a little nervous to install from the above users error. Any thoughts on that?

Using the chat on a dedicated page with private conversations disabled will still open "Conversation with" as default and one has to select the main room manually. How can I prevent that so that users will always join the main room once they enter that dedicated chat page? Thanks :)

@Siropu I'm surprised at how professional this add-on is. I just installed 3 themehouse add-ons and this add-on and no errors yet. So that's a really good sign. Well done. I'll let you know if any come up later.

Top Bottom