Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm probably overlooking something obvious here, but I have all my users in the Registered group and for that group I have enabled the "Edit own messages" permission, but no users were able to edit their own posts - there was no little pencil icon that showing up next to their posts. I've had to enable "Edit any message" under the moderator settings for them to be able to edit their own messages. What am I *probably* doing wrong? ;)

Last edited:
If you merge accounts you get a critical error where everyone who had the old one in conversations get the following error;

Code:
#0 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Service/Conversation/Preparer.php(15): Siropu\Chat\Entity\Conversation->isOnline()
#1 [internal function]: Siropu\Chat\Service\Conversation\Preparer->Siropu\Chat\Service\Conversation\{closure}(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Conversation))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#3 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Service/Conversation/Preparer.php(16): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#4 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Data.php(175): Siropu\Chat\Service\Conversation\Preparer->getOnlineCount(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#5 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Data.php(55): Siropu\Chat\Data->setConverationParams(Array)
#6 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Widget/Chat.php(106): Siropu\Chat\Data->getViewParams(Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1506): Siropu\Chat\Widget\Chat->render()
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s25/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1574): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('siropu_chat_all...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1230): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LiamW\AllRichUsernames\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#11 src/XF/App.php(1714): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}

@Siropu
Well, it was set to 60 minutes, and users were not able to edit even after immediately posting - I tested it myself on a test account. I also tried lowering it to 30 minutes and it still didn't work. But I have just set it to unlimited and now it is working as it should. I thought the limit was for how long they had to edit their posts, but maybe it's how long they have to wait to edit their posts...? Anyway, I'll leave it at 0 for now.

Also, can you get rid of the "edited" messages after posts, at least for certain usergroups? TIA

I see theres talks about issues in earlier in the thread about whispers, we're having some issues with them too, any resolution to not have whispers just shown with /whisper?

Today in the logs I have errors

ErrorException: Template error: Method canLoginAsUser is not callable on the given object (Siropu\Chat\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:916
Generated by: Lyn Dec 14, 2017 at 8:26 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canLogin...', '/var/www/root/d...', 916, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(916): trigger_error('Method canLogin...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/xc_login_as_user_staff_bar.php(23): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(Siropu\Chat\XF\Entity\User), 'canLoginAsUser', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1230): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(B2W\LocationSearch\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1304): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xc_login_as_use...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(438): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:xc_login...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1230): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(LocationSearch\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Pub/App.php(449): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#8 src/XF/App.php(1714): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n<div ...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n<div ...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

It seems to be an issue with the add-on that adds that method, not with the chat.

I have a question, I do not delete first version of chat, if I delete the first version now, did't it delete the second version tables from DB?

Chat 2 tables are different than chat 1. Chat 1 requires manual removal of tables when uninstalling. Please send me PM if you have questions regrading this.

Thanks for the update. I noticed that the "edited" notations are gone now, for those who can't view edit history, which is great.

I have a question, though. I created a room that displays only new threads, but notice that the new threads don't get archived - you can't see them on the "...forums/chat/archive/" page. If you choose that room from the drop-down menu there and click search, nothing appears. So is it limited to whatever you have the message display limit set to, no record beyond that?

Bot messages are not displayed in the archive. To view older messages in that room, simply scroll to the top (or bottom if you use reverse direction) and it allows you to load more.

Bot messages are not displayed in the archive. To view older messages in that room, simply scroll to the top (or bottom if you use reverse direction) and it allows you to load more.
I don't have a bot displaying the messages, I left the bot name field blank, so it only shows the actual usernames and their threads. But you are saying all those posts count as bot posts anyway?

EDIT: Okay, after thinking about it a little, I guess it makes sense that that's the case, since it isn't actually people posting. Unless you tell me otherwise. Would be nice to have an archive option, though, just to have the nice page display. But I can live with it. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom