Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Anyone else seen a problem where (on mobile) the chat window (if set for all pages by user), covers the screen, meaning the user cannot see the page below it, or minimize it.

Tends to happen at random if someone posts a thread based reply (or a long message).

Trying to get more information and a screenshot from the user, though its happened to me personally as well in the past.

What do 'Inverse message direction' and 'Display editor on top' do? I selected both but nothing changed on my dedicated chat page. Was hoping it would display new messages from top down, and message entry to the top also. Thanks

V 2.1.14

Hi Siropu, is there the possibility to upload videos and archives in the chat?
I added the upload button, but it is limited to images.

Hi Siropu, Is it possible to modify the "Active users" widget to show only the users we follow on the forum?
I need an "online friend list"

How secure is the chat? Many of my users are wary of using live chat unless I can prove to them that the chats are encrypted.

Is it possible to modify the "Active users" widget to show only the users we follow on the forum?
Go to siropu_chat_widget_users template and replace:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$users" value="$user">
With:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$users" value="$user" if="$xf.visitor.isFollowing($user)">

This will filter the user list and only display users you follow.
Many of my users are wary of using live chat unless I can prove to them that the chats are encrypted.
Messages are not encrypted. If you are talking about rooms, security is based on user groups and room settings. If a user has the permission to create a room, can password-protect it so that only users who know the password can join that room.

As for private conversations, they are private and only the participants can view the messages.

Go to siropu_chat_widget_users template and replace:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$users" value="$user">
With:
Code:
<xf:foreach loop="$users" value="$user" if="$xf.visitor.isFollowing($user)">

This will filter the user list and only display users you follow.

Messages are not encrypted. If you are talking about rooms, security is based on user groups and room settings. If a user has the permission to create a room, can password-protect it so that only users who know the password can join that room.

As for private conversations, they are private and only the participants can view the messages

it doesn’t store a chat log or anything correct? I apologize in advance if I sound like I have no idea what I’m talking about.

All messages are stored in the same database as your XF installation and members with the appropriate permissions, can view older messages in the archive (room messages).

Top Bottom