Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download
Any chance this could be integrated into thread create as some people find creating thread and then editing thread to add dates confusing. A bit like where you have the option to add poll, or you can leave it blank if not needed.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I prefer to change as little as possible to the default templates, that's why I chose to use the Thread Tools to display the links to add calendar events.

Last edited:
Thank you, it looks very nice now.

Guests have permission to see a thread in the calendar and they can see it in the calendar but not on the forum list at the top on the day of the event. Is it possible for them to be able to see them?

Hi Andy,

I'm very interested with this Add-On.. Question. Can I add multiple calenders for different area of my forum? I would like to have multiple calenders
for the different groups of users in my forum. Like for Soccer forum, I would like to have Live Match schdules on TV. and for regional city forums I could have the "Whats Happenings" calenders for different region?

Cheers Mate,
Deddy

I would like to have multiple calenders
for the different groups of users in my forum.

Hi Deddy,

Forum viewing privileges are honored. So the one calendar will hold all the events, but your members will only see what they have permission to view.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

They are of the same group. I'm interested in different calender for different forums. Not based on usergroup.

My only feature request on this is for members to be able to add things to the calendar. Seems to be the only feature missing.

But I love that you've done with this @AndyB Keep up the good work (y)

Hi, couple of questions/issues.

1. Can there be more than just 3 users allowed to add/remove items to the Calendar?
  2. When I click on the Calendar and change the month, I just get brought back to the forum homepage.
  3. Is there a way for the Calendar to inherit the forum style colors?

AndyB updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Added many changes. See message for details.

1. Added User Group Permissions.
  2. Changed URL structure for displaying the Calendar, now using route prefix.
  3. Works with Friendly or non-Friendly URLs.
  4. Month selector for adding calendar events changes to current month by default.
  5. Using POST instead of GET when switching Calendar pages, the URL is shorter.
  6. Added additional CSS code for easier customization.
  7. Fixed minor alignment issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This looks really close to what I'm looking for... I'm looking for a vB plugin for my regional forums. The old one worked well (though with a couple minor bugs). The way it worked is the admin would go in and create a calendar for each regional forum so that you could pair a calendar with a forum and that forum would display the associated calendar's upcoming events at the top, like sticky threads, up until the event date passed. Here's a link to my site to see it in action:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/miami-area-dsm-forum/ (forum list)
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/miami-area-dsm-forum/475055-fara-road-race.html (event listing)

Can this Calendar plugin function that way? Essentially all I need is to be able to display upcoming events specific to that regional forum and allow members to discuss the event.

This calendar is more of a generic Calendar usable for the entire forum. At this time, I do not believe it has the capability for a Calendar to be linked to a specific board or furthermore, for multiple Calendars to be linked to multiple boards.

So basically there isn't anything available that is as tightly integrated as what I have going on I guess? I've seen XenAtendo but that doesn't look like it can do this either. Bummer.

XenAtendo is a nice RSVP event system and you can post the Calendar event to any forum board you'd like. But other than that, you cannot have multiple Calendars for multiple boards.

Well, maybe it's not necessary to have multiple calendars, so long as you could have an upcoming events list that reference events posted in that particular forum only. Maybe it's a matter of having someone code a custom widget for me.

Top Bottom