Keeps getting better and better!
I thought of a few ideas you might consider Andy:
- have the add/remove link in the thread only visible to original poster and admin/moderators. That way no one can mess with settings of another.
- ability to have the calendar option only available in select nodes. I have an events forum and would like for this to only work from there.
- Maybe display a text message on index page to announce any holidays as they occur?
Not trying to increase your work load Andy. Use these if you would like.
- forward and back arrows on the calendar pages to move from month to month
Some very good ideas.
1) This is already the way it works.
2) I think you will find that adding calendar events from other forums will be useful. Also it's nice having menu controls static so you can quickly find them.
3) I like this idea. Of course it would be an admin option to display the greeting or not.
4) I've used those in the past, but adding controls then requires a label indicating the month and year, it ends up cluttering the interface. The way I have it now is super easy to use and your eye can quickly see the month and year due to lack of clutter.