Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download
Do you have any plans on adding event types/categories? I ask because we are looking for a calendar where the user can select the type of events they wish to view. In our case Club Meetings, Astrological Events, Star Parties, and Conferences. I haven't had a chance to look at code yet but would it be hard to add a feature like this to your existing code base or would you or someone else require quite a bit of refactoring.

Calendar link along the menu (Watched and New Posts) works fine, but the link in the Threads Title (forum index view) does not.

The link goes to www. mywebsite.com/community/calendar/ which is a dead link. I've just upgrade to 4.0, not sure if I am missing anything but everything else seems to work fine (adding and removing).

Another request to get working with widget framework, has anyone got it working in some form?

I installed Calendar 4 and was looking for the same kinda thing.
I'd love a side bar widget (like members online) which shows only coming calendar entries. So I can enter events to the calendar and they show up in the sidebar as a forth coming events list...

How many days of Calendar Events are shown in sidebar? Is there an option to configure how many days the sidebar lists? I am not using this add-on, that's why I ask.

For example, it would be nice, if we could see the events of yesterday, today, and the next 5 days ahead in sidebar. (switch "5" with your own value).
Because, people want to be remembered days before events will start. And seeing yesterdays events is also important. Let's say an event starts at 10 pm and ends the next day. Thats why.

I've installed calendar but it doesnt seem to show up anywhere on my site. I've got it under Options and Permissions in ACP and made sure it enabled (as well as un/re-installing) but I cant get it to displayeven with friendly URLs enabled, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers.

11Capture.webp

I've installed calendar but it doesnt seem to show up anywhere on my site. I've got it under Options and Permissions in ACP and made sure it enabled (as well as un/re-installing) but I cant get it to displayeven with friendly URLs enabled, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Cheers.

I had a similar problem. Make sure that you have in user permissions "calendar view" enabled.

I'm a fool, sorry! Fixed it, I changed the permission but didnt save it .... really shouldnt do admin things when tired :oops:

Last edited:
OK, next question :) I've installed Sidebar Positions, what do I need to do next so that Calendar shows in the Sidebar? And is there any way to display only Calendar days with events in them as a list, for example:

Sunday Jan 4th
Redkite Events - The Frozen Devil

Saturday Jan 10th
Trailbreaks - Southern Trail Ride

Saturday Feb 21st
Trailbreaks - Southern Trail Ride

Saturday Feb 28th
Wiggle - Southern Rough Ride

Go to Options-> Sidebar positions in your ACP and enter a position number something else than zero.

And the answer to your question is no I must sadly say. Not possible at this moment.

Instead of today's or tomorrows events in the sidebar. Is it possible to have events from X date to Y date in the sidebar. Also are there any plans to make an XP2 widget for this?

Could the sidebar show upcoming events instead of today or tomorrows events? Our forum generally only has summer time events. It would be nice to be able to see future events listed in one place.

Thanks

Could the sidebar show upcoming events instead of today or tomorrows events? Our forum generally only has summer time events. It would be nice to be able to see future events listed in one place.

Thanks

Second this.

I'd also like to be able to add events to the calendar directly, not having to go through or via a thread. But I suppose what xenforo really needs is a calendar system as capable as the one that was in vbulletin. Not sure why this is not or has not been a priority.

During thread creation, is it possible to tick a box to add the thread to the calendar? It would seem one must first create the thread and then go back and add the thread to the calendar. Maybe I'm missing something.

Hi Andy, I understand your concern about filling up a home page with too many events (more than just today). But, in my situation, I have a forum for a Homeowners Association and I would like to have a calendar that is dedicated to the HOA. So having a listing of upcoming events such as HOA meetings, activities, etc. would not be too much. Ideally, having the ability to list events from the current date to a date in future that the administrator could set. A sliding scale looking ahead a given number of days. Also, would be nice to have button to click to via all upcoming events in list form (maybe a popup). In my case, the number events would be small ... no more than four or five in any six week period. If this is something you could do, our HOA could probably be persuaded to pay for this customization.

Great ideas, would be great to be able to set an upcoming events list. Admin could have options for say 1 week, 2, 3, 1 month, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12. Scrollable would be great too, so maybe Admin can set max number of events to display before needing to scroll (I guess would be set in px high).

I wanted to ask, is there a way to display the calendar along the top tabs so the full calendar is easier to find; Home - Forum - Gallery - Calendar - Members.

No pressure from anyone of course ;) In all seriousness, you Calendar add-on has lots potential, would be great to see it come along some more, thats easy for me to say as I'm not coding it!
Maybe a free basic version and a small fee for a Pro version?

Top Bottom