Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Hey!

I have a slight issue I'm trying to fix.

I've placed an add banned on my forum using the HTML template without a wrapper but on pages like this...

http://veganforums.co.uk/media/

The advertisement is too close to these buttons at the top of the page
"
Most Recent
Most Commented
Highest Rated
Most Rated
Most Liked
Most Viewed"

It's the same here for online users.

http://veganforums.co.uk/online/

Is there a way I can add some padding or something?

Thanks!
Why are you using Widget Framework for this rather than one of the built-in ad templates?

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/visual-list-of-ad-locations.1383/

Is it possible to display a widget only in one subforum an and the threads inside?

An example

If i have a subforum "cars" and a subforum "bikes", i want to display a car advertising only in "cars" and a bike advertising only in "bikes".

When displaying the users in order of most posts. Is it possible to only show the number of posts within the last x number of days. So this would enable you to show the top posters today, or top posters this week etc....

I have solution for my problem but I got an error.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 2 Minuten

Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/var/www/abnehm...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(502): call_user_func('\x00lambda_95', Array)
#3 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(588): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('in_array($forum...', Array)
#4 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(397): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#5 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(316): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t\t\n\n...')
#6 /var/www/my-domain/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\n\n\t<ol...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#10 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /var/www/my-domain/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /var/www/my-domain/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Benötigter Status
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "http://www.my-domain.de/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I use the expression:

Code:
in_array($forum['node_id'], array(26))

Last edited:
Is there anyway to add a widget to a custom add-on page? I know how to add it to the sidebar but is there anyway to add it to the main content?

What are you trying to put into it? I have checked, the limit is 75. However, something as simple as below is enough

Code:
<a href="forums/something">Some Forum Name</a>
I've had no luck getting links to work in the titles of widget page widgets. No matter how short.

Hmmm.... I've added an add to a template though it remains the same.. The ad slightly overlaps the navigation bar at the top of the site.

How can I adjust this?

Okay, issues: My "Who Is On-line" widget no longer appears on the sidebar. I tried creating a new widget for it, but was not successful. I was able to create a recent posts widget tho. Any help or tips would be appreciated!

Okay I figured it out, but for some reason, the "Members On-line Now" displays plain text and doesn't match the other widgets (mainly the header). Please see two screenshots:

error.webp

error1.webp

I created both widgets and don't understand why the header text is different. Thanks for any help!

Question, widget page. Is three a widget that shoes recent threads, but with say 5 lines of content from the relevant thread?

Trying to create a page like one of the portal apps eg xenporta etc, and hence want to show some thread content.

Question, widget page. Is three a widget that shoes recent threads, but with say 5 lines of content from the relevant thread?

Trying to create a page like one of the portal apps eg xenporta etc, and hence want to show some thread content.
Under "Layout" while making/editing the widget, grab the one that says "sidebar with snippet from post". Snippet length is in the [BD] "Appearance" properties. The number represents charecters. 5 lines would be about 750 . . . .bit variable as it includes the snippet layout, which includes the title. So long title shorter snippet. ;) And you understand you make the widget page in Nodes, not widgets. It's a special Node.

Thanks for that. But, what I am finding is, that, the block of news is not broken out like on xenporta eg http://www.lynefc.co.uk/widget-pages/Mens/ and other portal systems, its just in one clump of information. I was hoping for the look to be uniformed. Unless this is not possible, but then, I need to find a portal system that I can run alongside xenporta or even cta?

Thanks for that. But, what I am finding is, that, the block of news is not broken out like on xenporta eg http://www.lynefc.co.uk/widget-pages/Mens/ and other portal systems, its just in one clump of information. I was hoping for the look to be uniformed. Unless this is not possible, but then, I need to find a portal system that I can run alongside xenporta or even cta?
Granted, my site has a WILD color scheme compared to that, but honestly, the tiniest bit of tweaking to the CSS and maybe remove the user's avatar from the template (suppressing through Extra.css would be best) and honestly, I think this is exactly like what is on that page. I'd stick one line between the posts for clarity. I whipped this up JUST for you friend. http://www.basstalk247.com/forum/home/widget-pages/testy/

So for your purposes you'd have a (poassibly hidden) subforum where you post news, start each post with a picture if you want and voila.

Top Bottom