Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I know:

in_array($forum['node_id'], array(106))

can be used to make widgets only show up for a certain forum but is there a way to make widgets show up as long as it's not a certain forum? or maybe if it's a certain forum plus it's nested forums?

Is it possible to group widgets in tabs in the home page like we do in sidebar?
Yes, just put them in the same group.

I know:

in_array($forum['node_id'], array(106))

can be used to make widgets only show up for a certain forum but is there a way to make widgets show up as long as it's not a certain forum? or maybe if it's a certain forum plus it's nested forums?
Yes, something like

PHP:
in_array($forum['node_id'], array(106)) == false

Also when you click on a thread it doesn't take you to the latest unread posts as it should. It always takes you to the first post.
Without new indicator, it always link you to first page, see http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-pre-sales-questions.5/

I got errors:
ErrorException: Undefined index: thread_id - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Poll.php:97

Need help :(

This addon is excellent. However I have a minor problem. I purchased Resource Manager a few days ago and found out that newly added ressources are not listed correctly.

In the screenshot below you can see that there was a new resource created at 9:24a.m. but there is no title and no link.

What can I do?

Regards, rhodes

activity.webp

This addon is excellent. However I have a minor problem. I purchased Resource Manager a few days ago and found out that newly added ressources are not listed correctly.

In the screenshot below you can see that there was a new resource created at 9:24a.m. but there is no title and no link.

What can I do?

Regards, rhodes

View attachment 71195
Which renderer is that? Also, what is its configuration? A screenshot of the widget edit page should be useful.

I've found a bit of a problem with using "Snippet Maximum Length" but I suspect fixing it might not be possible...

Our set up:
We have a New Replies widget on forum_list and its Layout is set to "Sidebar with snippet from post" and it shows 5 threads. Showing the full post makes it all too long because the sidebar is quite narrow so I set the limit to 85 and it's been looking great most of the time (Having said that, it is in the same group as a New Threads widget with Default layout that displays first so the Posts widget is only seen if you click on its tab)

The problem:
I
f the post is cut short before a BBcode tag has been closed, it can cause problems with the rest of the page.

In most cases a member has posted something in bold and the snip point has resulted in no </b> being created when the page is rendered. This means that everything in the page that follows the snippet is also in bold when it shouldn't be - the rest of the widgets, the menu bar at the top of the page and, although I hadn't realised until now, everything at the bottom of the page below the forum list (breadcrumb, footer etc)

Most of the time I've been able to edit the offending post by removing the bold tags and everything looks normal again, but that's not possible when the tag that hasn't been closed is nothing to do with text formatting (IMG, URL and MEDIA, for example)

Further related problem
We have been having random reports from members saying our banner/logo and the top menu bar weren't showing and we couldn't work out why (I now know it is the Snippet Length that is causing it) Our forum is normally quite active so after 5 new threads or replies the snippet that was causing the problem is no longer in the widget and the problem 'magically fixes itself'. Today was a quiet day and I was able to see it for myself before it cleared and I saw that it wasn't just the banner/logo and menu that were missing - later widgets and everything below the forum list were gone as well and TaigaChat was showing as empty and wasn't working. Changing "Snippet Maximum Length" to 0 resolved the problem. It turns out that on this occasion a member had posted a YouTube video using the MEDIA tag and the resulting html code was being cut short before the iframe tag could be completed which meant the page was rendered with

HTML:
<div><iframe width="500" height="300"...

and everything after that was ignored by browsers because they considered it junk within the iframe tag.

An option to show snippets with all BBcode stripped out would avoid this problem. Or something like thread previews maybe.

I'd just like to confirm publicly that today's update 2.4.9b has fixed this problem. Thanks again to xfrocks for a swift fix :)

Hello, How do I change the color of the usernames on the sidebar? I tried adding the code to the sidebar_online_user section like I am supposed to, but it doesn't work. I was told this may be a widget framework issue.

Hello, How do I change the color of the usernames on the sidebar? I tried adding the code to the sidebar_online_user section like I am supposed to, but it doesn't work. I was told this may be a widget framework issue.

Q: Is there a way to make the Online Users area show the corresponding usergroup colours? So admins would show up as the colour of that usergroup etc.?
A: Yes, check the box "Show rich usernames" when you edit the widget.

https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bd-widget-framework-faq.10/

Hey @xfrocks - We're still getting the strange recent thread renderer issue where the last poster is shown as thread starter also - is there a known issue or fix?

Scrub that - switching the Widget Type to 'New Replies (use first poster avatar)' fixed it!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom