Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Hello,

for "New Threads" and "New Replies, how can I change the refresh time?

I think it's 5min by default?

Can I make it 1min?

Instant would also be nice, but probably tough on the database?
You can enter view into "Cache TTL" when you edit the widget. It's in second. I do not recommend changing it though.

In my test environment, it is working fine right now. How is it not working for you? Nothing showup or the users show up in the wrong order?

Widget is showing the list of members however the list is incorrect.

I created wigdet to list top 5 uploaders but instead it displays first 5 members alphabetically.

Edit: By the way, I am talking about Resource Manager Top Uploaders widget.

1. Yes, you can use expression to limit which page the widget should show up.
2. You will need to un-select the forum of resource threads and select all other forums.

1. I checked all FAQs to find an example expression however the only expression I found so far is page node_id based one. I appreciate if you can give me some example expression to use with pages order than forum pages like XenPorta, XenMedio etc.

2. Unfortunately in my forum, resource threads and regular threads created by users are all together. This is why I want to filter resource thread and forum threads in Recent Messages widget.

It has been decided that the unread indicator will not be added. The reason is because of the caching, the widget needs to be rendered for each user to have the indicator, doing that will easily kill the site...
XenPorta's recent threads block has a read/unread indicator and it works fine as far as I can tell. I already tried asking Jaxel if he can make his recent threads block a stand-alone add-on but of course he ignored the question.:(

It can be done but you can't use caching which would require an additional query(maybe more) each page load. A large, active forum may crash with this method. I don't blame xfrocks for his decision even though smaller sites may benefit from it.

It can be done but you can't use caching which would require an additional query(maybe more) each page load. A large, active forum may crash with this method. I don't blame xfrocks for his decision even though smaller sites may benefit from it.
Then why does forum software x have a recent threads block out-of-the-box with read/unread indicator? Wouldn't this make forum software x not suitable for large boards?

Slightly different. XenForo shows a new post indicator by default also. Only on specific pages that run related queries by default. Widgets though can be placed in anywhere including places where a lot of other queries are being run also. Caching increases performance significantly and doing what you're requesting makes caching impossible (well it could be done per user but it makes it virtually pointless). I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I get why xfrocks doesn't do it.

Edit: By the way, I am talking about Resource Manager Top Uploaders widget.
Err, that widget is not provided by this add-on. You probably have it by installing some other add-on...

1. I checked all FAQs to find an example expression however the only expression I found so far is page node_id based one. I appreciate if you can give me some example expression to use with pages order than forum pages like XenPorta, XenMedio etc.

2. Unfortunately in my forum, resource threads and regular threads created by users are all together. This is why I want to filter resource thread and forum threads in Recent Messages widget.
1. A pretty good one to use is "$contentTemplate". If you need specific help with some page, start a conversation with me.
2. Tough case then... sorry.

Is it possible to remove widgets on a per forum basis? So for example, we have a photo sharing category and don't want Adsense populating there. It would be great to turn off widgets for that specific forum.

New feature: Widget Page
This version includes one new feature: Widget Page. It's a node (just like Category, Forum and built-in Page) which only contains widgets, with support for endless layout configuration and paging. This new node type opens up new opportunities to build fully-customized dynamic page for XenForo.

Q: Would Widget Pages have regular xenforo permissions ?

---edit---
Found some details.

This is a Widget Page: http://www.cbs.com.vn/f/portal/
upload_2013-10-25_15-45-20.webp

Details here:
https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/can-you-share-some-widget-page-examples.112/

I have made a simple example how to use position and size to create widget pages:

1. position (inside column): 0 goes to top, 2. position: (number of column): 0 is first column, 1 is second column, etc.
1. size: number of rows spanned, 2. size: number of columns spanned.

See example in picture where position and sizes can be seen for each widget.
widget1-jpg.53670

Helpful ... thanks.

Last edited:
@xfrocks , would it be possible to include in the next release, the phrases found in the plugins (the titles of all plugins) ?

example: /library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Birthday.php

-> 'name' => 'Birthday',

the translation would be easier and less time :p

Last edited:
Does not work Last Widget Framework 2.4.2 , My Forum XenForo 1.2.2

Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_STRING or... - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php:833
========
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php:833
=========
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'WidgetFramework_Option' not found - library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php:40

Top Bottom