Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Do not use Clear Sidebar?!
This does work, but if I don't use Clear Sidebar, then I have duplicates of all the widgets since they show up from native Xenforo and BD Widget Framework. I want them to show on all pages, but not twice and have my report actions available.

So... 2.5.9 is outdated?

I just upgraded to 2.5.9 from an old version and it looks like it doesn't work with PHP 7.0:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php:90

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(32) "http://www.comunidadhosting.com/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

The versions available to download from @xfrocks are all BETA. :eek:

I recently upgraded Debian to jessie on my server and also installed PHP 7 (with OpCache enabled) and Percona server 5.7 - the machine is fast, with 64GB RAM and SSD, and because I was moving up to PHP 7 I upgraded to [bd] Widget Framework 2.6.3 - which works well. (y)

Pages load quick enough, but after completing all the server upgrade work and testing with external tools I noticed there was a longish delay in TTFB for www.cyclechat.net - so over the past few days have been changing and testing settings and narrowed it down to the home page having a longer TTFB than the internal pages (no sidebar). My other forums don't seem to have the same delay on their home pages, so after testing with various add-ons enabled / disabled the TTFB dropped from 0.8 to 0.2 when I disabled the widget framework.

The difference in sidebar blocks between CycleChat and the other sites was the gallery block, so I disabled, tested, re-enabled and repeated the test and the culprit is the Gallery Sidebar Block. Much as I like to display the most recent media - adding a 0.6ms longer TTFB for the home page seems like quite a punishing difference for a couple of thumbnails.

Does anyone know what is causing the gallery block to take longer to render and whether there is anything that could be done to reduce it?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
This does work, but if I don't use Clear Sidebar, then I have duplicates of all the widgets since they show up from native Xenforo and BD Widget Framework. I want them to show on all pages, but not twice and have my report actions available.
Then you could remove the duplicates from WF.

yes but first uninstall 2.5.9 and delete all files from your server, then upload it again and install.
Is not possible to just upgrade? I've got many widgets active and creating them again would be a lot of work.

Either way, is there a place to find detailed directions for such procedure? Which "all files" need to be deleted from the server?

Thanks!

Hello, I need some help, as I am new to this.

I have a gametracker addon (template) for my website, that displays 2 servers information. It is by default on the right sidebar, of mainpage, below everything else. I installed widget framework yesterday, because I want to sort the order of the sidebar. I am not sure how to add the gametracker to the widget framework. I got the sidebar sorted, but gametracker wont show up. I went to add widget, then selected [advanced] template , then input the template name exactly, then put forum_list and clicked save. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Due to a fatal error I tried to do a complete fresh install of this add-on. So I uninstalled it through the ACP and then removed the add-on files via FTP.
I then downloaded the lastest version here and reuploaded all the files. I then tried to freshly install the add-on and got the following error message in the ACP. What can I do to fix that?

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
  5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
  6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 537
  9. AddOnInstaller_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionStepInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/htdocs/w011d369/forum/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom