Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I am facing an issue in index page display of widgets - somehow in the forum index page I am seeing 2 "Members Online Now" and there are extra widgets.

I am assuming its taking the default xenforo widgets + WF widgets on the index page - How to disable xenforo widgets on index page.

I know its a stupid question but i am struggling!

Awhile back I set it up so my sidebar would be displayed everywhere. Now I wish to only display it on the forum page but for the life of me, I can't remember how to turn it "off".

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks!

Does this works for the latest version of XF 1.5.8 - This works fine with the latest version.

However, regardless what I'm doing when I try to add the widget THREAD -< NEW THREADS on the frontpage of the forum with "forum_list" position it does not show up there! only on all the other pages if I switch to ALL.

No it's going to be strange if I pick any of the other widget and put it on "forum_list" or "all" they show up on the front page!

If I remove clear sidebar I get 2 sidebars and everything shows up, but then I can't get rid of 1 of the sidebars?

Any chance someone can help?

Change display order 20 or 30 and it works ;)

Hope it can be of help to someone.

Last edited:
Found a small bug in WidgetFramework_Helper_Index
PHP:
public static function setNavtabSelected(array &$tabs, array &$extraTabs)
{
    $selected = false;

if (!empty($tabs['forums']))
    {
        // found "Forums" navtab, select it now
        $tabs['forums']['selected'] = true;
        $selected = true;
    }
    else
    {
        // try to select the first one from $tabs
        foreach ($tabs as &$tab)
        {
            $tab['selected'] = true;
            $selected = true;
            break;
        }

if (!$selected)
        {
            // still not selected!?
            // try with $extraTabs now
            foreach ($extraTabs as &$tabs)
            {
                $tab['selected'] = true;
                $selected = true;
                break 2;
            }
        }
    }

return $selected;
}
The 'break 2;' is incorrect here, it's not a nested loop.

He don't reply at all here and people have troubles to get it work.. last update was in March with a Beta and now is June ;) anyway it is free so fine, but then I would rather pay for it and he fix the problems there are!

Awhile back I set it up so my sidebar would be displayed everywhere. Now I wish to only display it on the forum page but for the life of me, I can't remember how to turn it "off".

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks!

Anyone?

@xfrocks (or anyone who can help..)

Using Taigachat with [bd] Widget Framework

I have an Expression set to $forum['node_id'] == 38 as I want the chat to show up on forum 38, but it is currently also showing up on the thread pages under this node id. How can I have it show on node id 38 only and not on the threads themselves?

I have also tried in_array($forum['node_id'], array(38)) but the ad is still showing up on the threads listed under 38..

I read the first page, and have been at this for hours... I usually don't log into forums or ask for help.. But, can't figure this one out.

Also I am using hook:ad_above_content if that matters..

chat.webp

Last edited:
Widget framework is great, but it seems to block responsive design.

With the addon checked, no responsive design. Unchecked, responsive design works.

Is this a known issue?

With the addon checked, no responsive design. Unchecked, responsive design works.

Is this a known issue?
What renderer are you using? I use it extensively with supplied, 3rd party and custom addon renderers without any issues.

Screenshot would help.

What renderer are you using? I use it extensively with supplied, 3rd party and custom addon renderers without any issues.

Screenshot would help.

Good point. I do have a style that is stripped of all modifications, except ads, and the widget works fine.

I need to look at the modifications in the other styles, one by one.

Edit: got. It was something I did in page_container.

Sorry

Last edited:
So, who can help me... how do you make "Recent Thread" and "Recent Replies" go on the same widget and clickable?
On 2.5.x this is a little difficult. Version 2.6 makes this easy.

Is this a known issue?
It works fine for me.
this guy is gone
@xfrocks is indeed less active. But the addon is used by so many sites that any issues found will be fixed one way or the other. The latest 2.6.x version works best, but needs the community fixes applied.

Top Bottom