Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
On 2.5.x this is a little difficult. Version 2.6 makes this easy.

It works fine for me.

@xfrocks is indeed less active. But the addon is used by so many sites that any issues found will be fixed one way or the other. The latest 2.6.x version works best, but needs the community fixes applied.
Do you know how to do it?

In version 2.6 you can simply go to the group and add a widget. It has a front end editor.
You can drag and drop it to the correct location.

On 2.5.x this is a little difficult. Version 2.6 makes this easy.

It works fine for me.

@xfrocks is indeed less active. But the addon is used by so many sites that any issues found will be fixed one way or the other. The latest 2.6.x version works best, but needs the community fixes applied.

this mod doesnt work at all.. I tried this thing and even the new one on his site.. its busted big time... It doesnt even let you take away the default sidebar and then when you add stuff to it with tabs it gets stuck on loading.. I vote sombody else take over this mod.. cause this guys just taking our money and not giving us upldates... i bought is social plugin and that thing hasnt been updated for a year... dudes making me mad foreal.

Well this is the best you got.

I always get frustrated at Xenforo how basic functionality like addons like this maintain is not on the core software. Widget Framework is one addon that can't break, it shall be maintained even if by community-fixes.

Xenforo Devs could just live up to the promise of this being a flexible and customization software and add one of the biggest parts of that promise that is this addon into the core and avoid depending on addons to have functionality.

Well this is the best you got.

I always get frustrated at Xenforo how basic functionality like addons like this maintain is not on the core software. Widget Framework is one addon that can't break, it shall be maintained even if by community-fixes.

Xenforo Devs could just live up to the promise of this being a flexible and customization software and add one of the biggest parts of that promise that is this addon into the core and avoid depending on addons to have functionality.
WORD!

[bd] Widget Framework is still the best addon and must have for me.
2.6.3-BETA5 here works 99% great: https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/
I can't complain but wait for xfrocks update.
We must be thankful this is free addon and not PAID.

Thats the one I tested.. And i put two widgets together in a tab and the first one loaded and the second one just kept saying "loading...." forever like the poptart cat

Also mind that the latest beta. (beta 3) includes quite a few fixes. For some reason @xfrocks has not marked those issues as fixed. There are only a few issues remaining. Of which this XFMG issue is the only major one.
As widget framework is a free addon, we cannot demand anything here. We can do two things: hope that @xfrocks will be so kind to release a fix or we can hire a developer to fix the remaining 3 issues:
https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bug-xfmg-media-renderer-does-keeps-loading.462/
https://xfrocks.com/widget-framewor...ror-message-is-in-the-javascript-console.473/
https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/typeerror-argument-2.475/

I will send $50 to whoever provides fixes for these issues. I know that's not enough, but maybe others are willing to do the same.
I have posted a Paid request here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-fix-remaining-widget-framework-issues.117450/
Feel free to reply there.

Last edited:
this mod doesnt work at all.. I tried this thing and even the new one on his site.. its busted big time... It doesnt even let you take away the default sidebar and then when you add stuff to it with tabs it gets stuck on loading.. I vote sombody else take over this mod.. cause this guys just taking our money and not giving us upldates... i bought is social plugin and that thing hasnt been updated for a year... dudes making me mad foreal.
It works fine for me. lol

Well yea.. but I bet if your not on a default skin you changed somthing in the templates... Not everybody knows php.
I use a basic, albeit, non-default style, but have changed no code regarding this mod. I don't know any PHP. I'm using 2.6.0-dev (at least that's what is shows in my admin) and also, tabbed widgets work great.

Tabbed widgets doesn't work really well on my production site. I can add tabbed widgets if all of the widgets have different renderers. For example, one widget use Threads renderer and the other one use Profile Posts renderer. In this case, both widgets will load just fine and tabbed. But, if I add more than one widget with the same renderer, only the first instance of the widget will load, while the rest will stuck on "Loading...". For example, one widget use Threads renderer but with Latest Replies type and the other widget use Threads renderer as well but with New Threads type.
By the way, I'm using 2.6.3-BETA5.

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 211
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 278
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/forum/public/admin.php at line 13

I do not even have it installed! I even tried:
DELETE FROM `xf_node_type` WHERE `node_type_id` = 'WF_WidgetPage';

Top Bottom