Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is it possible to define the position of a widget as something like 'all except one page'?
Q: How to display a widget on forumid x, y, z?
A: You can use this with "forum_view" position or similar:
PHP:
in_array($forum['node_id'], array(x, y, z))
Q: How to display a widget if they are not under X, Y, Z?
A: You can use this with "forum_view" position or similar:
PHP:
in_array($forum['node_id'], array(x, y, z)) == false
Q: Can we use category id instead? That way, show widget under category X would cover all the forums under this category.
A: Yes, you can use this with "forum_view" position or similar:
PHP:
$forum['parent_node_id'] == <category-id>
Q: How would I go about adding a sidebar just to one page and modifying it using the widget framework? I found out that pages use pagenode_container, but if I set that as my position all pages will have the added sidebar which I am not interested in.
A: You can use this with "pagenode_container" position:
PHP:
$page['node_id'] == <page-node-id>
Q: If I want to add a widget in only one resource category, say, http://domain.com/xenforo/resources/categories/something.34/, what do I need to put in the Expression box?
A: You can use this with "resource_category" position:
PHP:
$category['resource_category_id'] == 34
Q: Is it possible to add a widget for each resource? What expression we can use so that a widget only appears under resource id = x?
A: You can use this with "resource_view" position:
PHP:
$resource['resource_id'] == x
Source: https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bd-widget-framework-faq.10/
Is it possible to only have widgets shown to registered members?
Q: How do I hide a widget from members - so just display it to guests?
A: Use this in the Expression field:
PHP:
$visitor['user_id'] == 0
Q: What expression do I use to achieve the opposite? Only members/ logged-in users can see the block?
A: You can use this:
PHP:
$visitor['user_id'] != 0
Source: https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bd-widget-framework-faq.10/
Is there anyone who did it till now?
How to add usergroup permission in widget page?
I added some renderer for my add-on that shows some part of the add-on as widget, and just want to let admins to override related usergroup permissions for that widget.
@cclaerhout
I don't know how widget page works, to be honest. I've never bothered to try it. But if you can use template conditionals there, consider XenForo Helper ismemberof: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...tiple-usergroup-ids-in-1-1.18199/#post-237839.

@bt012ss lol, I wanted to do such screenshot for that particular question because I was really really sure that it was written in the widget option's description.

@assemblergames I suppose it's still being maintained. But the author isn't really confident that v2.6.x is ready for stable release. Which is why it's stuck in beta releases. For the time being, v2.5.9 is enough for me since I haven't upgraded my server to PHP 7 (I'm still not too confident that everything will work smoothly with the new version of PHP).

@Rambro You'll probably have to make your own custom widget if it's not available by default. Maybe find an add-on that can do so and hook it with widget framework if you want it to appear anywhere else other than homepage. Don't look at me though, I have no idea how to make such widget.
@PeterChen Latest threads under the first post? You mean under every first post in threads? Or..?

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to modify the widget title?

I dont like the standard name the widget title is displayed and I want to change it to something different.

Any help appreciated!

I added a right-hand sidebar widget to resource manager (resource_index), but it seems to squash everything with responsive. See below to see sidebar overlapping the middle section, and title getting squished. Is this because RM already has the left-hand sidebar? If so, what would I need to change in CSS so the responsive looks better? Thanks!

upload_2016-4-21_12-35-53.webp

Hello,
Am using "New Media" block with the below details:

Renderer : [Advanced] Template (without wrapper)
Template: xengallery_media_block_sidebar
Title : XFMG Media

But in Options > Xenforo Media Gallery > Block Options >
Recent Media Categories > Have selected only few categories from which the media should show up in the "new Media" block in the widget.
But it is showing media across all the categories including the ones that are not selected.
How do I fix it such a way that the "New Media" to show ONLY media from the selected categories?
Thanks.

This AddOn makes most of the Sidebar AddOns disapear. Twitter Sidebar, Facebook Sidebar, New Resources, New Links, VIP Links, Top Level etc. are gone.
Any idea how to solve this so I can use the Widget Framework and all the other AddOns at the same time.

With Widget Framework activated

upload_2016-4-24_10-48-22.webp

With Widget Framework deactivated

upload_2016-4-24_10-48-44.webp

Wasserlasser

Last edited:
Hello,
Am using "New Media" block with the below details:

Renderer : [Advanced] Template (without wrapper)
Template: xengallery_media_block_sidebar
Title : XFMG Media

But in Options > Xenforo Media Gallery > Block Options >
Recent Media Categories > Have selected only few categories from which the media should show up in the "new Media" block in the widget.
But it is showing media across all the categories including the ones that are not selected.
How do I fix it such a way that the "New Media" to show ONLY media from the selected categories?
Thanks.
Could be this bug: https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bug-xfmg-media-renderer-does-keeps-loading.462/

I'm pretty sure all of those sidebars need to be loaded by a custom template widget. If the add-on's author didn't provide any widget XML file, then you'll have to make your own. You should be able to easily figure out the codes used by inspecting each add-on's template modifications.

@xfrocks Just an FYI, I needed to install your widget framework for testing a "play nice" issue with one of my add-ons. I un-installed it today and noticed it leaves some phases behind, all starting with: _widget_title_x, where x = an id number like 13, 15, 3, etc. The phrases are not associated with any add-on, and contain no text. As they are cached they are also preloaded on the front end, even though they will never be used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom