Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is there a recent threads widget that shows last post etc, just like on the regular forum node listing?

A xenmedio recent vids widget?

xfrocks,
Is it possible to add a widget for each resource?
What conditional we use so that a widget only appears under resource id =x?
Thanks

Yes.

Sorry, no builtin but an add-on is available here. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1125/
I'm referring to a recent threads module that looks like the recent threads module that you can see on my site. The one you see on the forum home page of my site is from xenporta. Does bd widget have a widget that looks like that and if so, where is it? Theres only one recent threads widget that I see in bd widget and it does not look like that.

xfrocks,
Is it possible to add a widget for each resource?
What conditional we use so that a widget only appears under resource id =x?
Thanks

If you are using resource template position (resource_view etc.), you can use the expression

PHP:
$resource['resource_id'] == 1

I'm referring to a recent threads module that looks like the recent threads module that you can see on my site. The one you see on the forum home page of my site is from xenporta. Does bd widget have a widget that looks like that and if so, where is it? Theres only one recent threads widget that I see in bd widget and it does not look like that.

Sorry I misunderstood your question. The answer is no then.

when I use the Widget "Threads/New Replies".... why is the first post of a thread actually shown in "New Replies" ?
Shouldn't it just show "Replies" to the first Forum-post ?

Is there any widget which just shows the Replies, but not the first Forum-post ?

Many thanks!

when I use the Widget "Threads/New Replies".... why is the first post of a thread actually shown in "New Replies" ?
Shouldn't it just show "Replies" to the first Forum-post ?

Is there any widget which just shows the Replies, but not the first Forum-post ?

Many thanks!

The Threads renderer only shows the thread title with no post content (with exception of the poster). What did you mean?

The Threads renderer only shows the thread title with no post content (with exception of the poster). What did you mean?

There should be a widget which only shows the "New Forum Replies", which does not include the first post of a Thread, since the "first post in a Thread" is not a "Reply"....

I tried to show the sidebar ads banner on the resource page under the Discussion button. Using the WF reveal, it shows that I should use hook:resource_view_sidebar_below_discussion_button location.

Currently, I have this condition on this widget
empty($thread) OR $visitor['user_id'] == 0

Remove this condition will show the banner on the sidebar of each resource but it shows at the bottom of the sidebar below everything instead of under the Discussion button.

What change should I make to the condition so that it will work?

I tried to show the sidebar ads banner on the resource page under the Discussion button. Using the WF reveal, it shows that I should use hook:resource_view_sidebar_below_discussion_button location.

Currently, I have this condition on this widget
empty($thread) OR $visitor['user_id'] == 0

Remove this condition will show the banner on the sidebar of each resource but it shows at the bottom of the sidebar below everything instead of under the Discussion button.

What change should I make to the condition so that it will work?

It works for me (without any expression).

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 7.57.02 PM.webp

What is your problem exactly? It doesn't show up in the right place OR the expression doesn't work as expected?

It works for me (without any expression).
What is your problem exactly? It doesn't show up in the right place OR the expression doesn't work as expected?
Must be a caching issue.
Without expression, it works as expected and shows in the right place.
With expression, it shows up on thread view sidebar that didn't before when I add the resource hook.

So basically, the question is how I adjust the expression so the inclusion of the new resource hook does not change the previous behavior.
I think you know what the expression means better than me but I think it shows only when guest viewing

Must be a caching issue.
Without expression, it works as expected and shows in the right place.
With expression, it shows up on thread view sidebar that didn't before when I add the resource hook.

So basically, the question is how I adjust the expression so the inclusion of the new resource hook does not change the previous behavior.
I think you know what the expression means better than me but I think it shows only when guest viewing

Looking at this closer, why did you need to check for empty($thread) when the widget position is in resource_view?

Can't be sure. I remember asking for some conditions a long time ago and you told me to use it :)

Probably for another position :D
This hook position is in a resource page and it doesn't have any thread so the first expression (before "OR") will always be true ;)

Looking at this closer, why did you need to check for empty($thread) when the widget position is in resource_view?
I see now. It was to make sure the sidebar to show up on forum index and portal. If I remove that empty($thread), they won't show up.
I think the expression means to show on forum home and index for ALL and only on the sidebar of thread view for guest viewing.

Is there a way to set the widget on the beginning of a template hook content?
Code:
<xen:hook name="simpleportal_container">
some content
</xen:hook>

If i use hook:simpleportal_container as position, it attaches the widget at the end of the content

Top Bottom