Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I have a question about usergroups. Its possible to only SHOW a widget to a specific usergroup but as i have some user that belong to two usergroups (primary and secondary groups) I am looking for an option to HIDE widgets for a certain usergroup number.

In earlier versions it was possible to use the conditionals of xenforo I believe but they dont seem to work anymore.
Mate learn to read before you post, as the solution was posted here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.28014/page-22#post-404633

It'd be awesome if you could include it in the next update. All my users have been demanding it like mad :D
I'm working on this and don't have any good idea for presentation of the RSS feed. Any idea? Just display a couple of text links is kind of boring...

I'm working on this and don't have any good idea for presentation of the RSS feed. Any idea? Just display a couple of text links is kind of boring...
I can give you a solid idea ;) . Typically the blogs that we subscribe to have title+text+image associated with it. Why not make a widget that lets you choose -

1. Number of latest posts that you want to display.
2. Whether to include description.
3. Whether to include the image. It'd be great if the image size is dynamically adjusted to suit the sidebar. :)

Plus you may consider whether to display text above the image (or below). I think that would satisfy most of the needs of XF members.

I can give you a solid idea ;) . Typically the blogs that we subscribe to have title+text+image associated with it. Why not make a widget that lets you choose -

1. Number of latest posts that you want to display.
2. Whether to include description.
3. Whether to include the image. It'd be great if the image size is dynamically adjusted to suit the sidebar. :)

Plus you may consider whether to display text above the image (or below). I think that would satisfy most of the needs of XF members.
Thanks for your input. I'll consider that.

Anyone who has experience running both Widget Framework and Robbo's add-on Profile Completion Steps together? I run these two at the moment but I'm experiencing some problems regarding a progress bar that does not show up under the user profile.

This explanation I got from Robbo today:
There is however some things you can try. Firstly, ask on the widget framework thread. Secondly you can try changing when certain listeners are triggered. Put your forum into debug mode, go to ACP -> Development -> Code Event Listeners and select the template_hook listener under profile completion steps. Try changing the
Callback Execution Order to be below and above 10.

Is this easy to solve?

Anyone who has experience running both Widget Framework and Robbo's add-on Profile Completion Steps together? I run these two at the moment but I'm experiencing some problems regarding a progress bar that does not show up under the user profile.

This explanation I got from Robbo today:

Is this easy to solve?
That addon is a paid one and I don't have access to the source code so there's nothing I can do. You will have to ask the author again or wait for others... Sorry.

Have a look on my forum and you will see blogpost widget as well. We use a xf/wordpress bridge and via the latest threads we can show off the latest news.

An RSS widget that automatically shows a thumb instead of the posters avatar would be very welcome. Thanks guys!

Small feature request

Permissions on widgets.

For example, the "who is online" I'd like to be hidden from guest. This is something I would normally use a template edit for, but that doesn't seem to apply for your widget.

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, USERGROUP # HERE)

or

$visitor['user_id'] > 0
(shows to members only)

Add that into the above area.

Is there a way to make the Online Users area show the corresponding usergroup colours? So admins would show up as the colour of that usergroup etc.

Is there a way to make the Online Users area show the corresponding usergroup colours? So admins would show up as the colour of that usergroup etc.

sidebar_online_users template

FIND
class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
CHANGE TO
class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

Actually.... you may have to do that to the wf_widget_online_users

sidebar_online_users template

FIND
class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
CHANGE TO
class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

Actually.... you may have to do that to the wf_widget_online_users

Cheers, appreciated :) Worked perfectly.

Can someone tell me how the Feed Reader renderer could be used ? And why it has been a popular request ?

With the feed rendered you can show RSS(Really Simple Syndication) feeds in a block.

So for example, for my site mmazone.com.au I would love to do be able to do this so I can import the RSS feed for the UFC - http://www.ufc.com/rss

All the latest posts from this feed will be presented in the block which I can add wherever I want(using the hooks feature from this great add-on)

The format of how its show is dependant on the settings available for this block but can look really nice

Back
Top Bottom