Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
It was my mistake. I had selected all the forums to pull the current threads from. It de-selected them and it works fine.

Could you help me with the non-wrapped blocks in sidebar? I want to put an advertisement only for the guests. But the ad-block tends to stick to the blocks above it.
Ah yes, selecting forums will ignore all the permissions.

I don't understand your question. You meant the Adblock browser plugin (for Firefox, Chrome, etc.)?

Ah yes, selecting forums will ignore all the permissions.

I don't understand your question. You meant the Adblock browser plugin (for Firefox, Chrome, etc.)?
What I'm trying to do is add a 250 adsense square in the sidebar, visible only to the guests. I created an HTML widget with no wrapping (default styling) and inserted my ad-code in it and then published the widget.

On the sidebar; this widget ignores the default vertical spacing between sidebar-blocks and collides with the bottom of the widget that's just above it. I tried it multiple times but couldn't get it to work.

I tried with the templates too; but it works just the same as above.

What I'm trying to do is add a 250 adsense square in the sidebar, visible only to the guests. I created an HTML widget with no wrapping (default styling) and inserted my ad-code in it and then published the widget.

On the sidebar; this widget ignores the default vertical spacing between sidebar-blocks and collides with the bottom of the widget that's just above it. I tried it multiple times but couldn't get it to work.

I tried with the templates too; but it works just the same as above.
What is the above widget? Sounds like a CSS float div problem to me. If it's a public site, can you post its URL? I will take a look.

It looks correctly to me. If you want the gap at the top, wrap your HTML inside one of this

Code:
<div class="section"></div>
Will that add a wrapper around the ads? It doesn't work because the ad-unit itself is 250px wide.

xfrocks updated [bd] Widget Framework with a new update entry:

New features!

New feature: Hook direct output support.

Previously, you have only the option to choose sidebar widgets, now you can use the same widgets directly on hooks. Any hooks in any templates will work. Any existing widgets, built-in or third party, will also work in hooks. Hook widgets will of course use the same powerful caching, tabs and ordering of the framework. Talking about ordering, there is one new feature too...

New feature: Negative display order support.

You can now use...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New feature: Hook direct output support.

Previously, you have only the option to choose sidebar widgets, now you can use the same widgets directly on hooks. Any hooks in any templates will work. Any existing widgets, built-in or third party, will also work in hooks. Hook widgets will of course use the same powerful caching, tabs and ordering of the framework. Talking about ordering, there is one new feature too...

New feature: Negative display order support.

You can now use negative display order to make the widget show up appear the original contents. This will work for both sidebar widgets and hook widgets. So now you will be able to keep the default sidebar and stick something at the top of it (hint: just use a display order of -1).

I hope you all enjoy this updates. The hook feature may not make sense with built-in widgets but it will allow some amazing integration. I can't wait for that! ;)

Woot ! Woot !

This is like Christmas for me. :D

Thank you :)

Awesome update :),

also have a slight feature request, not even sure if this is possible... or maybe I'm being extremely lazy.

But have you thought about having like "widget templates(pre-defined template of widgets)" like rather than defining which specific page template we want the widget to show up on we make it show up on say "General1"(a widget template).

Then in General1 we can define which pages we want the "widget template" to show up on.

Not sure if it falls into place for other people but on my site we have a few different pages we show the same widgets on and we're constantly adding new pages too. While adding new pages, we have to go into each widget to show on the new page, as opposed if we had one spot(say the widget template) to adjust the new pages with.

Also would benefit if we change the widgets regularly as well.

Just a thought, I probably confused you more than gave you a valid suggestion, re-reading it I confused myself :)

Awesome update :),

also have a slight feature request, not even sure if this is possible... or maybe I'm being extremely lazy.

But have you thought about having like "widget templates(pre-defined template of widgets)" like rather than defining which specific page template we want the widget to show up on we make it show up on say "General1"(a widget template).

Then in General1 we can define which pages we want the "widget template" to show up on.

Not sure if it falls into place for other people but on my site we have a few different pages we show the same widgets on and we're constantly adding new pages too. While adding new pages, we have to go into each widget to show on the new page, as opposed if we had one spot(say the widget template) to adjust the new pages with.

Also would benefit if we change the widgets regularly as well.

Just a thought, I probably confused you more than gave you a valid suggestion, re-reading it I confused myself :)
Okie, I understand. I will think about way to implement it without making it too complicated ;)

Really like this update! Been wanting something similar to negative display order.

I'll have to play with hooks as that will make it much easier with inputing html above the hooks.

Thanks for the continued support and great updates! :)

Top Bottom