Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
You said nothing but you managed to get recent threads widget showing? So... what is the case here? Anyway, sounds like a conflict with some add-on. Please start a conversation with me with your site info so I can come and check.

Hi - I worked out the error I am having is by attempting to display XenGallery in a widget. It gives a random page load error. Disabling it solves the issue. Are there any issues with XenGallery or anything that I need to change to get it to work on forum_list?

I have a problem where the Most Liked Threads widget is, well wrong. I could be missing something of course, but despite playing with settings, I cannot get it to show the count correctly.

The screenshot below shows the widget set to a 2 day thread cutoff and a 10 second TTL. Visible are two posts with a total of 3 likes, but the thread is listed as having one. The posts with the likes were posted this morning, about 5 hours ago as I type this.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.1st Battalion The ARRSE Regiment  Emperor Mong's Own    Army Rumour Service.webp

I have a problem where the Most Liked Threads widget is, well wrong. I could be missing something of course, but despite playing with settings, I cannot get it to show the count correctly.

The screenshot below shows the widget set to a 2 day thread cutoff and a 10 second TTL. Visible are two posts with a total of 3 likes, but the thread is listed as having one. The posts with the likes were posted this morning, about 5 hours ago as I type this.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.View attachment 70182

Its thread likes, not post likes. so the 1st post of every thread.

Where are the instructions for creating widget pages? I don't see anything in the FAQ.

-----

I figured it out:
Admin -> Applications -> Create New Widget Page

Last edited:
Its thread likes, not post likes. so the 1st post of every thread.

Thanks for clearing that up - I had used something similar from VBSEO previously, and it hadn't occurred to me that it wasn't all likes form the thread. After a bit of thought I think the XF/Widget Framework way is a better system, as my 'Most Popular' widgets give far more useful results than my old VBSEO ones.

I have some questions regarding the Threads widget:
  1. Threads Cutoff means that it will ignore threads that are older than the value specified there? If so it's not working.
  2. How do I prevent closed threads from being displayed in the list?
  3. Why the thread prefixes aren't being displayed? What's the function of the Thread Prefixes setting? It allows to display prefixes? I have even tried to select the prefixes I want to get displayed but they aren't appearing.
1. Correct. The value only used for Most Viewed, Most Replied and Most Liked though.
2. New option in future version ;)
3. There is a style property for that. The option is to filter thread by prefix.

And I think I found a bug:

In the Birthday widget, if you set the limit to "0" then it will properly displayed today's birthdays (56 in my case). However if you limit this (in my case, to 10) it will display just one birthday.
Bug confirmed. Any suggestions? Thank you
Fix is coming, sorry for your problem.

Top Bottom