Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
Two questions.....

1. Is there any easy way to keep track of the number of times these banners (separately or together) are shown? I don't think it is in the google analytics since this is part of a page.

2. Has anyone successfully used adsense or other javascript as one or more of the ads? I don't think it worked when I tried it. Maybe an iframe surrounding it?

Thanks. And I love this add-on!

Quick question. I have an ad-free usergroup who I didn't check the box for under "Target User Groups," but they're still seeing these ads, presumably because they're in another general usergroup the ad is targeting.

Is there an easy way to hide these ads from particular usergroups? Would throwing up a simple conditional statement in the html box around the actual ad work?

It seems to me if a box isn't checked for Target Usergroups, the users should be excluded from it if they're in the excluded usergroup, even if it's a secondary one.

@craigiri I've successfully included square Adsense ads and Google+ Badges without any problem. I know sometimes Adsense can take a while to start serving the ads instead of white space, could it be that?

I've these ads on my forum but I'd want to rearrange them so that a specific one goes first, another second and so on. How can I do that?
Schermata 2013-11-25 alle 16.40.00.webp

I really liked the idea of the Special Second Post position... until I found out it is only for the second post of the first page.

Would be possible to enhance this position so the banner would be displayed on the second post of every page?

Thank you!

can someone please tell me how to remove the navigation arrows (covering the ATS text in the picture *look close*) and change the scroll speed.....i am new to all of this!
here is a piccy of my problem:

Untitled-1.webp

thanks in advance

Lee

You can edit the template "rotating_ads_slider". Currently, the slider is using default speed. You can change the speed by editing this line:

Code:
$('#{$sliderId}').nivoSlider();

Change it to something like (change the numbers):

Code:
$('#{$sliderId}').nivoSlider({
animSpeed: 500, // Slide transition speed
pauseTime: 3000 // How long each slide will show
});

speed isssue sorted......Thanks...took me a while to undestand!

I would like to change the Avatar in the second post ad. I managed to figure out how to change the "User Name" but still am unable to figure out how to change it. Playing with files with FTP doesn't scare me.

Any suggestions as how to do this?

Yes, please!

:)
To change the username in the title phrases search by: rotating_ads_second_poster and change as needed

En español: Para cambiar el nombre de usuario buscar en el título de las frases por: rotating_ads_second_poster y cambiar según sea necesario

@xfrocks I have an issue with usergroup targeting. I want donors to be able to not have ads shown to them, but xenforo is making their donor class a secondary class when they use the auto payment feature. So they are still Registered as their primary userclass, but have Donor as a secondary class that gives them flair. With the ads, can you add a feature to select a userclass that will never see ads even if it is a secondary class? Not sure there is another way to accomplish this.

@xfrocks I have an issue with usergroup targeting. I want donors to be able to not have ads shown to them, but xenforo is making their donor class a secondary class when they use the auto payment feature. So they are still Registered as their primary userclass, but have Donor as a secondary class that gives them flair. With the ads, can you add a feature to select a userclass that will never see ads even if it is a secondary class? Not sure there is another way to accomplish this.

this is exactly what I am needing as well

this is exactly what I am needing as well
I would be willing to throw a couple bucks to the developer to make this happen. Donor classes (or any specified class, whether it is primary or secondary) being able to be exempt from ads is a vital feature to encourage users to donate to your site...

I would be willing to throw a couple bucks to the developer to make this happen. Donor classes (or any specified class, whether it is primary or secondary) being able to be exempt from ads is a vital feature to encourage users to donate to your site...

I have not tried this mod as yet because of this missing, does it work with Google Adsense? If it does I would also be willing to throw a bit into getting this done.

I have not tried this mod as yet because of this missing, does it work with Google Adsense? If it does I would also be willing to throw a bit into getting this done.
Yes you can use any ads you want with it, adsense, amazon, custom ads, etc.

Top Bottom