Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Rotating Ads (version 1.6) - Easy ads managing across XenForo pages

As the name suggested, it allows you to rotate your ads randomly in all XenForo's hook positions. If you don't know what a hook is, no worry because the addon comes with a list of common positions so you can choose instead of find it our yourself.

Cool features (in my opinion)
  • Allow you to specify any number of ads for each position. If there are more items configured for the position, they will be randomly selected
  • Provide a special position: second post. Imaging you have a...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, how do we update from an earlier version to this? Do we need to uninstall the previous one in order to load this?

Thanks.

Couple Questions:
1a) Is it possible to customize the 2nd post's avatar/profile pic? It currently displays a Questions mark (default xenforo pic) and I would love to make it customized.
1b) Also for the 2nd post, any idea if it would be possible for me to add a "custom user title" for the ad master? We are trying to make the ads more "humorous" so it does not look so boring and ad-like.
2) Any idea what the hook is for Bottom Breadcrumb? I would like to place an ad below the breadcrumb at the bottom. Is there any place Xenforo lists possible hooks?

Love the new usergroups option and being able to disable the ads. This is a fantastic plugin and I appreciate the work you put into it! :)

Couple Questions:
1a) Is it possible to customize the 2nd post's avatar/profile pic? It currently displays a Questions mark (default xenforo pic) and I would love to make it customized.
1b) Also for the 2nd post, any idea if it would be possible for me to add a "custom user title" for the ad master? We are trying to make the ads more "humorous" so it does not look so boring and ad-like.
2) Any idea what the hook is for Bottom Breadcrumb? I would like to place an ad below the breadcrumb at the bottom. Is there any place Xenforo lists possible hooks?

Love the new usergroups option and being able to disable the ads. This is a fantastic plugin and I appreciate the work you put into it! :)

1) You can customize it by editing template "rotating_ads_second_post". Changing the avatar may be difficult btw but a custom user title is easy.
2) There is no hooks for that position. There is an add-on that show all hooks http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-all-hooks-available.16675/ (not sure if is' in RM)

And thank you for the kind words :D

1) You can customize it by editing template "rotating_ads_second_post". Changing the avatar may be difficult btw but a custom user title is easy.
2) There is no hooks for that position. There is an add-on that show all hooks http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-all-hooks-available.16675/ (not sure if is' in RM)
And thank you for the kind words :D
Thanks for the link. I was looking for the "ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb" hook which that lovely addon showed me :D

How would I go about adding a user title? I tried to add one and it displayed it within the ad master message and not profile sidebar area. As for avatar, is there no way to manually insert an avatar instead of using default one.

How would I go about adding a user title? I tried to add one and it displayed it within the ad master message and not profile sidebar area. As for avatar, is there no way to manually insert an avatar instead of using default one.
This is untested but you can do something like this in the template

HTML:
<xen:set var="$messageContentAfterTemplate"><xen:hook name="ad_special_second_post"/></xen:set>
<xen:set var="$post.custom_title">This is the custom title</xen:set>

<xen:if is="{$messageContentAfterTemplate}">
<xen:include template="message">
<xen:map from="$post" to="$message" />
</xen:include>
</xen:if>

I hope it work :D

Also how can we insert a banner into the site logo bar via this add-on?

And is there any way to make the side bar adverts appear in the index and forum pages as well as the main forums list?

Also the adverts are not visible to the guest visitors. Only logged in visitors can see them. How do we enable them for all?

Hi there,

Is there any way to add a feature to count the number of views and clicks?
Currently not.

Also how can we insert a banner into the site logo bar via this add-on?

And is there any way to make the side bar adverts appear in the index and forum pages as well as the main forums list?
The site logo can be change in the style property?

Yes, use "forum_list, forum_view" as the position

Also the adverts are not visible to the guest visitors. Only logged in visitors can see them. How do we enable them for all?
It should appear for all users unless you use expression.

FYI, I changed the permissions for unregistered visitors to enable the attachments view, and the adverts started to show, so that problem seems to be sorted :)

FYI, I changed the permissions for unregistered visitors to enable the attachments viewing, and the adverts started to show, so that problem seems to be sorted :)
Oh, you use attachment as the image? Yes, that explains a lot :) Congrats.

The site logo can be change in the style property?

Yes, use "forum_list, forum_view" as the position

This does not show the ad on the sidebar. It is only applicable for header type wide banners, not for squarey boxes.

When I try to use it for 300x250 banners as per IAB specs, it buggers up the entire page excuse my Turkish. A huge block in the middle of the page and stuff. Ugly.

Is there any way to create that side column that we see on the forum main page in the forum list and thread view pages and place a hook in there?

This does not show the ad on the sidebar. It is only applicable for header type wide banners, not for squarey boxes.

When I try to use it for 300x250 banners as per IAB specs, it buggers up the entire page excuse my Turkish. A huge block in the middle of the page and stuff. Ugly.

Is there any way to create that side column that we see on the forum main page in the forum list and thread view pages and place a hook in there?
Pleas3 send me your site info via message. I will support from there.

This is an awesome mod, but I have one question - I have a premium user upgrade on my forum that allow my members to hide any rotating ads on the site.
However, this addon is set to only show for registered users and guests, and not for premium members, but they will still see it because in the xF user upgrade settings, you can only specify that a user will be automatically added to a new usergroup, and not moved to it, so they are still member of both premium and registered.

How do I hide the banners from those users who are members of both groups without having to manually move everyone who subscribe to the premium user group?

Top Bottom