Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
I love this plugin.

One of my favourite features is the ability to add an advertisement after the 1st post. Is it possible to only display the special second post if there is more than 2 or 3 posts. I had an ad directly below my messages too so it's overwhelming when there is only one of two posts. I'd rather the ad was only showed if there was more than 2 or 3 posts on a given page (i.e. page 2, 3 etc too).

Would it be possible to add an option so that ads aren't displayed on error pages? Or does anyone know if there is a XenForo variable where I can check if it's an error page?

Is it possible to disable that auto dropdown menu feature that kicks in as soon as the cursor is hovered over Controls?

It is supposed to make things easier but it is actually making me do more clicks to do something than if it were activated upon a click. It gets stuck where it was last clicked so as soon as the page refreshes the hover activation drops a totally irrelevant menu that coincides with its place, so I have to click two three other locations until I get back to where I want to go again, which is very annoying, particularly when you have to deal with 10-12 ads at a time.

It is a nice idea which unfortunately doesn't work the way it should.

Is it possible to disable that auto dropdown menu feature that kicks in as soon as the cursor is hovered over Controls?

It is supposed to make things easier but it is actually making me do more clicks to do something than if it were activated upon a click. It gets stuck where it was last clicked so as soon as the page refreshes the hover activation drops a totally irrelevant menu that coincides with its place, so I have to click two three other locations until I get back to where I want to go again, which is very annoying, particularly when you have to deal with 10-12 ads at a time.

It is a nice idea which unfortunately doesn't work the way it should.
Sorry, I don't really understand your problem?

Is there any way to add a feature to count the number of views and clicks?
Currently not.

Is this on the "To Do" list? I run a small local community forum, and as such only have a couple of adverts which are from local businesses, and it would be great to be able to provide the advertisers with metrics/clicks/etc. :)

Failing that, can anyone advise how else I might provide this information to them (e.g. from some other source, such as Google Analytics or some log buried somewhere)?

Also, I wish to give my users the option to become "VIPs", which means they will not see any adverts. Can anyone advise the best way to do this whilst using this Add-on, please?

Thanks very much. :)

Is this on the "To Do" list? I run a small local community forum, and as such only have a couple of adverts which are from local businesses, and it would be great to be able to provide the advertisers with metrics/clicks/etc. :)

Failing that, can anyone advise how else I might provide this information to them (e.g. from some other source, such as Google Analytics or some log buried somewhere)?

Also, I wish to give my users the option to become "VIPs", which means they will not see any adverts. Can anyone advise the best way to do this whilst using this Add-on, please?

Thanks very much. :)
Yes it is in the roadmap ;)

This is an awesome mod, but I have one question - I have a premium user upgrade on my forum that allow my members to hide any rotating ads on the site.
However, this addon is set to only show for registered users and guests, and not for premium members, but they will still see it because in the xF user upgrade settings, you can only specify that a user will be automatically added to a new usergroup, and not moved to it, so they are still member of both premium and registered.

How do I hide the banners from those users who are members of both groups without having to manually move everyone who subscribe to the premium user group?

Bump for this functionality please

Thanks for the work so far!

Bump for this functionality please

Thanks for the work so far!
Have not kept up with the addon but it would seem if that's the problem he would simply have to change it to "select which groups to hide ads from" an d thus the user can still be in members but those in premium would not see it.

Have not kept up with the addon but it would seem if that's the problem he would simply have to change it to "select which groups to hide ads from" an d thus the user can still be in members but those in premium would not see it.

It wouldn't matter either way, as it only looks at the primary user group ID and ignores any secondary groups a user may be in due to upgrade etc.

Even if you hide ads for 'members' it would still pick up the user ID from 'registered' as that is the primary group.

It needs to be changed to it looks at all groups.

So, I just installed it and it works well.

One thing, I noticed that if I click on 'registered users' and 'guests' to view an ad, it also displays to the admins. Is that because the admin usergroup is also a 'registered member'?

Also, this would be great if the permissions recognized a 'premium group' which would allow for an upgraded membership to avoid displaying ads to them.

Maybe something's borked for me (or I screwed up, I am new to XF) -- but where can I find this in the Admin CP?

Running 1.1.3, uploaded everything and installed the plugin. I see the plugin under List Add-ons ([bd] Rotating Ads 1.6.2) but can't find it under Home, Applications, Appearance, Tools etc.

Maybe something's borked for me (or I screwed up, I am new to XF) -- but where can I find this in the Admin CP?

Running 1.1.3, uploaded everything and installed the plugin. I see the plugin under List Add-ons ([bd] Rotating Ads 1.6.2) but can't find it under Home, Applications, Appearance, Tools etc.

Under appearance and at the bottom of the first list on the left hand side navigation.

Top Bottom