1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can ads be rotating?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by VGC, Mar 13, 2015.

1. VGC

VGC New Member

I see how ads can be placed, but can they be rotating so all the ads have a chance to be seen if I have more ads than positions to place them?

Thank you!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

With custom code, yes.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to note: the ad positions are just HTML for you to embed whatever advertising code. That code would generally be the one handling ad rotation (eg, Adsense).

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

As Mike pointed out, it will depend on the type of advertising ad you are using. Some ads will rotate automatically, others ads require you to create the rotating part with either a template edit or add-on.

5. VGC

VGC New Member

This forum would be for soccer teams in my client's district. I would be making the ads and would need to find some way to rotate them in the places they go. It would also be helpful to be able to have the ads tracked so the sponsors would know how many times their ads were viewed.

Thanks for your help!

6. teletubbi

teletubbi Active Member

Have a closer look at this addon.

7. VGC

VGC New Member

Awesome. Just awesome. Exactly what I need.

Thanks so much for pointing this out, teletubbi. :)

8. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

This is one of the best addons for banners, it has many options and it's really easy to use :)

9. VGC

VGC New Member

Thank you!

10. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member