Resource icon

[bd] Rotating Ads 2.0

No permission to download
Can you please add an "Expression Field" for this?
And also "Hide for Mobile" option just like BD Widget Framework :)

Can you please add an "Expression Field" for this?
And also "Hide for Mobile" option just like BD Widget Framework :)
You should use [bd] Widget Framework then. There is a special tab group "random", it will pick on widget randomly from the group to render ;)

Reactions: rdn
is widget framework required for special second post option? because i cant get it to show up at all? Also any chance that you are going to make it so we can do forum specific targeted adds. Like for instance we have an automotive subforum id like to display only automotive ads in that specific forum.

is widget framework required for special second post option? because i cant get it to show up at all? Also any chance that you are going to make it so we can do forum specific targeted adds. Like for instance we have an automotive subforum id like to display only automotive ads in that specific forum.
No, no other add-on is required for this add-on to work.

If you need complicated targeting, I suggest using [bd] Widget Framework itself?

hi @xfrocks

can you add even a simple spelling mistake update to this resource?
so that it will be shown updated in the resources area?
its been 2012 since this was updated :D
at least the version increases...

Hi @xfrocks,
I'm using "Rotating Ads" addon to show ads to non-registered users.
But I'd like to avoid them at /login/ (so register/login is easier for them).
So I tried to add conditional statemens inside HTML slot.

@Brogan told me to add this array:
Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'login', 'error_with_login', 'thread_view'))">BANNER
</xen:if>

2013-10-10_1438.png

But non-registered users are still watching those ads at /login site.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks!

PS: it's something that must be done to follow Adsense terms.

Hi @xfrocks,
I'm using "Rotating Ads" addon to show ads to non-registered users.
But I'd like to avoid them at /login/ (so register/login is easier for them).
So I tried to add conditional statemens inside HTML slot.

@Brogan told me to add this array:
Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'login', 'error_with_login', 'thread_view'))">BANNER
</xen:if>

2013-10-10_1438.png

But non-registered users are still watching those ads at /login site.
Hope you can help me.
Thanks!

PS: it's something that must be done to follow Adsense terms.
Conditionals do not work in HTML field.

:(
ups! Any suggestion? Is it possible to modify a template to activate that conditional? Or something that can be implemented in the future in your add-on?
Thanks for your reply!

:(
ups! Any suggestion? Is it possible to modify a template to activate that conditional? Or something that can be implemented in the future in your add-on?
Thanks for your reply!
You can just edit the ad templates directly and use the conditional in there. That's what I did when it wouldn't work with this add-on which I've now uninstalled (sadly).

Thanks for your reply.
I think it's too complicated for me to try that addon.
Edit templates directly is another alternative, but I like the features from this addon (specially "rotating" feature and "target user group" easily).
The easiest alternative for me is to add a mix between:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/display-a-random-banner.375/and "Target group conditional"

I'll think about this or trying the "Widget Framework".

Thanks a lot! :)

Thanks for your reply.
I think it's too complicated for me to try that addon.
Edit templates directly is another alternative, but I like the features from this addon (specially "rotating" feature and "target user group" easily).
The easiest alternative for me is to add a mix between:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/display-a-random-banner.375/and "Target group conditional"

I'll think about this or trying the "Widget Framework".

Thanks a lot! :)
The other add-on also supports randomly display a widget in a group of widgets.

Any way to add an avatar to the Ad Master?
You can edit the template "rotating_ads_second_post".

Installed and it works. i've a little cosmetic problem. As you can see here

View attachment 43093

the image is not centered and is too near to the top. In the html I had before, I've added a <br> and one <div align="center"> that fixed the problem. I'm asking how can I fix it here.

Thank you very much

estimated

I wonder if you could fix that little mistake, and that way it did, because it presented the same problem ...

if you would be so kind to help me I greatly appreciate

hi there is there a option so i can just add the adds on the portal page and not in the forum? reason i ask is ive got a jquery add and its effecting the forums in a way i cant post imgs but if i disable it the forum works again thx

@xfrocks - Thanks for this great addon!

I'm having an issue where if I have an ad using the Message Body position and attempt to use the Special Second Post location, the Message Body ad gets duplicated into the Special Second Post location. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom