• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

mean app !!!
cost me $2.39 (local currency)
and have my forum up and running, plus published to your directory.

installed on my iPad, haven't tried it on my old school series 1 iPhone :)

edit: I also have an IPB that I'd be keen on offering too .. if that is ever in the pipline

I installed this late last night from your forum runner site, using the download their, not here. When you update here, is that the same as grabbing the update from the forum runner site?

No. There is a customized sitekey for each forum entry in the Forum Manager. This is specific to your forum. This is required for the push notification system. If you download from the link in the first post, you still have to log into the Forum Manager and download the sitekey.php file for your forum and install it into <forumroot>/forumrunner/sitekey.php.

If you download the entire add-on from the Forum Manager, it includes your custom sitekey already. I provide the link in the first post mainly because on other forum sites (vBulletin and phpBB), they do not let you link to 3rd party sites to download add-ons - you have to post a version in the thread for the add-on. So I figured it would be the same here. :-)

Also... I have to say this is far superior than Tapatalk. I used to use Tapatalk when with VB, but now you got this out first, and now implemented, extremely glad I did so. Just about to announce its installation to the members, as they have been screaming for mobile solutions.

Would still love to see XF themselves release a default mobile style in combination, to cater those other OS's that aren't app based.

Great! Love to hear it. Anything you think that can improve the product, let me know. If its a good suggestion, it will get implemented!

mean app !!!
cost me $2.39 (local currency)
and have my forum up and running, plus published to your directory.

installed on my iPad, haven't tried it on my old school series 1 iPhone :)

edit: I also have an IPB that I'd be keen on offering too .. if that is ever in the pipline

iPB is about 20% done. :-) Their framework is not nearly as nice to work with as XenForo.

Clemson, take a big pat on the back, this is a truly excellent add on :)

It's great to have photo uploads from the iPhone now.

One question. If Tap-a-talk releases an add-on for xf. Would this clash with tap-a-talk?

A member on my forum said tap-a-talk is better. I'll quote him so you can take that as feedback to improve this product. :)
I think Tap-a-Talk is a better app to use. This was okay but nothing spectacular and if you click on a link you get a message promoting Forum Runner that you have to accept or cancel to connect to the link. Also some links don't appear to work, especially those which are image based. I think I'll pass on the paid version and the free one as well.

I don't have a smart phone so I can't test it. I am relying on feedback from members.

getting feedback that mobile users that browse via the browser are incessantly spammed with forumrunner alerts.
also complaints about it not remembering forum preferences> not sure what that it about. perhaps i will inquire further.

If i purchase a branded version, are these reference to Forum Runner will be removed i.e my users will never see any name, popup about Forum Runner?

getting feedback that mobile users that browse via the browser are incessantly spammed with forumrunner alerts.
also complaints about it not remembering forum preferences> not sure what that it about. perhaps i will inquire further.

I had the same issue. Make sure in your php.ini you havent turned on the httponly cookie.

Which forum is yours? I can take a look.

The detect.js code is exactly the same as it is on vBulletin/phpBB add-ons and I haven't heard any complaints on this issue so I'm not sure why this keeps popping up on XenForo. Once it sets the cookie it should stay set for 6 months.

If i purchase a branded version, are these reference to Forum Runner will be removed i.e my users will never see any name, popup about Forum Runner?

The only reference they will see about Forum Runner is regarding push notifications, as they are required to create a Forum Runner push notification account if they want to receive push notifications. No way around this.

One question. If Tap-a-talk releases an add-on for xf. Would this clash with tap-a-talk?

A member on my forum said tap-a-talk is better. I'll quote him so you can take that as feedback to improve this product. :)

I don't have a smart phone so I can't test it. I am relying on feedback from members.

I cannot speak to how they would write their add-on but I would assume not. Our add-ons function independently on other forum types (vB, phpBB). There are many forums with them both installed.

I'd wonder why the user thinks the other app is better... If he has some suggestions as to how to improve FR, please let me know. :-)

I cannot speak to how they would write their add-on but I would assume not. Our add-ons function independently on other forum types (vB, phpBB). There are many forums with them both installed.

I'd wonder why the user thinks the other app is better... If he has some suggestions as to how to improve FR, please let me know. :)

I will and if I get a chance to try them I still will. :)

By the way, just so you know the effect this addon can have, this comes from a user who had gone away from my site:

Hi everyone I'm back, this forum app was just the motivation I needed.

I hope to get back on track as fast a possible but it will be very good to read you all again

I missed you all (well the new guys obviously not but you get the idea)

Which forum is yours? I can take a look.

The detect.js code is exactly the same as it is on vBulletin/phpBB add-ons and I haven't heard any complaints on this issue so I'm not sure why this keeps popping up on XenForo. Once it sets the cookie it should stay set for 6 months.
gotvirtual.net
I'd wonder why the user thinks the other app is better... If he has some suggestions as to how to improve FR, please let me know. :)
i am hearing that users cannot 'save forum choices', and that forums have to continually be searched for. im not sure exactly what that means. i have no smartphone myself to test any of this.

Top Bottom